- Charter Oak State College
- New Britain, CT
CHARTER OAK STATE COLLEGE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION OPENING
Position: Assistant Bursar
Salary: $54,870 approximate annual ($26.28 hourly)
Hours: Full time or part time hours available to qualified candidates, plus State supported benefits
Position Summary: Charter Oak State College, Connecticut’s online public college, serves adult students who want to complete their degree, expand their skill set, or advance in the workforce. The Assistant Bursar is primarily responsible for student service operations of the Bursar’s office. Must use excellent communication skills in handling complex information and the ability to relate positively to students and staff. The Assistant Bursar is the responsible for responding to student account inquiries from internal and external customers and independently performing a full range of professional level fiscal and administrative functions using a computerized financial management system, including accounts receivable, daily deposits, third-party processing and ensuring compliance with State regulations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience involving any combination of technical work in accounting, budget preparation, considerable knowledge of principles and practices of public administration with special reference to governmental accounting and budget management; ability to prepare and interpret financial reports; ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks with on time delivery; excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; and knowledge of and experience with automated financial and student systems and the development of database queries and reports; and competency in computer applications.
- Performs a variety of professional fiscal and administrative functions including accounts receivable, daily deposits and third-party processing ensuring compliance with State regulations;
- Assists the Bursar and Controller with budget projections, preparation, development and management by compiling and consolidating data;
- Manage escheat process for credit balances on student accounts;
- Performs reconciliation of various accounts including fiscal receipts to student accounts, general ledger, and student activity;
- Prepares and monitors third party billings;
- Monitors student payment plans, holds, and past due accounts;
- Assists Bursar in planning, designing and implementing fiscal procedures or systems, and recommends accounting related improvements;
- Prepares various financial and administrative reports utilizing the State and college information technology systems for departmental reporting;
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills when handling complex information with students and staff;
- Participate in internal committees as assigned;
- Provides fiscal processes training to Charter Oak State College Departments;
- Serves, on an as-needed basis, as liaison to other units and agencies regarding the Jenzabar system processes as well as fiscal policies and processes;
- Develop, implement and maintain effective policies and procedures required to assure efficiencies and accuracy for area responsibilities;
- Provides support for all programs operating from the Bursar’s office and backup to Controllers office.
- Maintains current knowledge of professional issues;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by October 14, 2019 at www.charteroak.edu/AboutUs/Employment.
CHARTER OAK STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MEMBERS OF MINORITY GROUPS AND PROTECTED CLASSES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
More search results
Dean, School of Education
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Dean, College of Engineering
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Illinois Board of Higher Education
Dean, St. John’s College of Liberal Arts & Scienc…
St. John's University
Dean, College of Engineering, Computer Science, a…
California State University, Chico