- University of Houston
- Houston, TX
Asst. Dir., Residential Life
Established in 1927, the University of Houston empowers students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership and engagement. Located in a sprawling metropolis, our premier Tier One campus provides students with cutting edge programs including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, distance and continuing education. Ranked among the best colleges in America, UH is home to award-winning faculty, innovative research centers, has one of the most diverse student populations in the nation, and alumni who have become international leaders.
Description: Responsible for a major component of Residential Life. Provides leadership to attain the goals and objectives of the department of Student Housing and Residential Life.
- Responsible for a major component of Residential Life. Provides leadership to attain the goals and objectives of the department of Student Housing and Residential Life.
- Oversees the delivery of program services. Plans, organizes, schedules and directs activities for Residential Life; coordinates activities with other university departments, contractors.
- Prepares and implements departmental and program or project budgets; participates in the planning process and policy development.
- Directs the daily operations and activities of assigned staff, including recruitment, selection, training, development and evaluation.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree and 5 years’ experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Master's Degree preferred.
Application Process: Interested candidates must complete the on-line application. Posting number STA005005. All UH positions can be found on our website at https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection. Candidates must include a resume, cover letter, and a list of references with names and contact information in addition to the on-line application. Review of applications will begin on July 12, 2019.
The University of Houston strives to be an employer of choice by offering a full range of benefits to our full-time staff members. Tuition scholarships, a retirement plan, dental and full medical coverage are only a few of the benefits offered to employees at the University of Houston. From our award winning faculty to our active student body, UH offers the most diverse research university in the country.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.