- University of Houston
- Houston, TX
Director, Residential Life
Established in 1927, the University of Houston empowers students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership and engagement. Located in a sprawling metropolis, our premier Tier One campus provides students with cutting edge programs including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, distance and continuing education. Ranked among the best colleges in America, UH is home to award-winning faculty, innovative research centers, has one of the most diverse student populations in the nation, and alumni who have become international leaders.
Description: Directs and oversees the SHRL Residential Life program in support of the educational goals and objectives of the University of Houston.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and sustainment of residential education initiatives focused on enhancing student success, satisfaction, and retention.
- Provides effective personnel management through supervision, staff development, training, recruitment and retention of staff.
- Provides area budget oversight; Responsible for strategic long and short-range planning, vision, and goal setting.
- Leads Assessment initiatives for the department; Coordinates the department's annual and semi-annual reports and progress card.
- May serve as the department representative on the UH Conduct Assessment Response Team (CART), Sexual Misconduct Response Team (SMRT).
- May serve as an Appeals Officer for the University Conduct Process.
- Serves in on "Back up" on-call rotation responding to a variety of emergencies, as needed.
- Serves on SHRL ride-out team during emergency incidents.
- Establishes and maintain collaborative relationships within the department, with other departments, student groups, the university community, and stakeholders.
- Interprets rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, and ensures staff compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Master's Degree and 5 years’ experience.
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Master's Degree preferred.
Application Process: Interested candidates must complete the on-line application. Posting number STA005004. All UH positions can be found on our website at https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection. Candidates must include a resume, cover letter, and a list of references with names and contact information in addition to the on-line application. Review of applications will begin on July 12, 2019.
The University of Houston strives to be an employer of choice by offering a full range of benefits to our full-time staff members. Tuition scholarships, a retirement plan, dental and full medical coverage are only a few of the benefits offered to employees at the University of Houston. From our award winning faculty to our active student body, UH offers the most diverse research university in the country.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
More search results
Charter Oak State College
Enrollment Services Associate
Charter Oak State College
Dean, School of Pharmacy
University of Connecticut
Dean, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
University of Vermont
Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Studies and Direc…
University of North Carolina Wilmington