Assistant Clinical Professor, Counseling Psychology #604574
The Educational Psychology Department is seeking a tenure track, Assistant Professor of Counseling Psychology to join our Combined Counseling/School Psychology PhD program at Northern Arizona University. The PhD program is accredited on contingency by the APA Commission on Accreditation. The position is a 9-month tenure-track faculty line to begin in August 2020. We are committed to serving the particular mix of diverse communities and students of Northern Arizona and especially encourage indigenous and Latinx candidates to apply. NAU was established 120 years ago and is situated in Flagstaff, AZ, which has been ranked the third best college town in the nation. For more information about NAU and the Department of Educational Psychology, visit: http://nau.edu/COE/Ed-Psych/.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Innovative instructional methodology
- A strong research agenda, as evidenced by publications, ongoing research, and potential for research funding
- Ability and strong interest in working with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds, including rural and Southwest communities
- Demonstrated commitment to training and mentoring to build professional psychologist competencies.
1. Teach graduate counseling psychology classes (including practicum and internship) for the Educational Psychology programs
2. Teach in-person, with some blended or online courses to students in Flagstaff and to extended campus sites
3. Maintain an active research agenda
4. Prepare and manage grants
5. Assist in recruiting, retaining, and advising masters and doctoral students
6. Direct graduate student research and serve on dissertation committees.
7. Fulfill service responsibilities to the department, college, university, and the profession
8. Work collaboratively with health service agencies to coordinate practicum and internship experiences for counseling psychology students
- Earned Doctorate by date of hire in Counseling Psychology or Combined Counseling/School Psychology.
- College teaching experience (can include college teaching as a graduate assistant).
- Record of obtaining or seeking research funding
- Record of publishing research in pee-reviewed journals
- Experience in the field of Counseling and/or Psychology, with background/experience in health service agencies or schools.
- Licensed or license-eligible as a Psychologist in Arizona and able to provide clinical supervision.
Review of applications will begin on October 4, 2019. To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the job description on the NAU HR Careers website.
Please attach to your application:
1. Cover letter highlighting your interest in and qualifications for this position
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Copies of transcripts (originals will be required of the successful applicant)
4. Statement of teaching philosophy
5. Statement of research interests
6. Sample syllabi and teaching evaluations from one or two college courses
7. Research/scholarly artifacts
8. Names and contact information for three references. Reference letters should be sent under separate cover to EPS Administrative Assistant Hope DeMello at, Hope.DeMello@nau.edu.
- Identify each attachment with your last name, first name and the vacancy number.
- The committee may request additional information at a later date.
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.