- University of Houston
- Houston, TX
Executive Director, Bauer Alumni Relations
Established in 1927, the University of Houston empowers students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership and engagement. Located in a sprawling metropolis, our premier Tier One campus provides students with cutting edge programs including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, distance and continuing education. Ranked among the best colleges in America, UH is home to award-winning faculty, innovative research centers, has one of the most diverse student populations in the nation, and alumni who have become international leaders.
Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of long-term goals, objectives and strategies to establish a productive continuum of alumni and volunteer engagement and commitment for an assigned college.
- Serves as the primary alumni officer for Bauer College, building effective relationships with alumni in support of the college’s engagement efforts. Serves as liaison to university's and college's alumni associations.
- In conjunction with the Office of Alumni Relations, directs a comprehensive alumni engagement strategy for the college, including the development and implementation of campaigns, networking opportunities, social events, annual awards, and alumni reunions and receptions.
- Plans, organizes and develops methods for increasing alumni and volunteer participation in college activities. This includes coordination with student organizations (through the college's student engagement officer) and with the college's career center.
- Manages a portfolio of alumni, prospects and key volunteers for the college. Identifies opportunities to engage alumni prospects through networking and mentorship events. Executes support initiatives for recent graduates during transition to professional life.
- Plans and develops strategies for generating revenue and resources for alumni programs, such as reunions and event sponsorships.
- Collaborates with University Office of Alumni Relations and Bauer College Alumni Association to effectively recruit alumni volunteers.
- Establishes metrics to track and assess alumni engagement and identifies areas of improvement.
- Manages all aspects of alumni event planning, including logistics and communications, budget administration, resource allocation and the training and supervision of volunteer staff. Participates in university alumni activities as needed.
- Collaborates with the university’s communication and public relations staff to maintain direct communication with college alumni, including regular print publications and newsletters, alumni webpages, email blasts, and social media networks. Manages Bauer Alumni Connect communication tool.
- Performs other duties as required.
Requirements: Bachelors and 5 years’ experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Education may be substituted in lieu of experience.
Application Process: Interested candidates must complete the on-line application. Posting number STA004246. All UH positions can be found on our website at https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection. Candidates must include a resume, cover letter, and a list of references with names and contact information in addition to the on-line application. Review of applications will begin on July 12, 2019.
The University of Houston strives to be an employer of choice by offering a full range of benefits to our full-time staff members. Tuition scholarships, a retirement plan, dental and full medical coverage are only a few of the benefits offered to employees at the University of Houston. From our award winning faculty to our active student body, UH offers the most diverse research university in the country.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.