The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management has an opening for an Assistant Professor with expertise in Marketing. The University of Houston is a major, public, comprehensive research university situated in the fourth largest city in the United States. The College is one of the leading hospitality and tourism programs in the world. It is located in a world-class facility that contains extensive laboratory facilities, a library, convention space and a hotel.
- This position requires an earned doctorate in hospitality or a related field.
- Research must focus within the context of marketing or be applicable to the hospitality industry.
- Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to publish in top-tier journals.
- Two years hospitality and/or tourism teaching experience at the community college and/or university level preferred.
- Management experience within the hotel/tourism industry required.
- Teach marketing related courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Supervise doctorate students
- Publish within the top-tier hospitality and tourism journals
- Serve on college committees as assigned
- Attend College and University meetings and events
- Other duties as assigned by the administration
The College is seeking to identify successful candidates with strong research and teaching skills. A candidate should identify their research and teaching areas in a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a copy of a recent publication if available. Applications and nominations for these positions will be accepted until the positions are filled. Please apply directly at: https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex2_uhf/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC001093&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago
We welcome candidates whose experience in teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of Houston is responsive to the needs of dual career couples The University of Houston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.