Summary: As a member of the Alumni Association team reporting to the Senior Director, Alumni Engagement, the Associate Director Alumni Engagement is responsible for the planning and execution of Alumni Weekend and other alumni reunion and engagement programs that strengthen alumni connections to Miami University.
- Manage the development, implementation, organization and evaluation of programming, budget and activities for class and group reunions throughout the year, including Alumni Weekend.
- Serve as lead for Alumni Weekend, including but not limited to: primary liaison with campus partners (Advancement colleagues, Conferences and Events, Communications, Physical Facilities and Student Dining and Housing; Student Life), external vendors (including manage RFPs, schedules, contracts) and community organizations (OPD, Oxford Visitors Bureau); budget planning and oversight; plan, promote and coordinate Alumni Weekend schedule and logistics.
- Strategize and grow milestone reunion volunteer committees: train/monitor staff/peers to work with reunion volunteers; solicit/recruit reunion volunteers; coordinate with annual fund and development for reunion giving; lead select milestone reunion committees to assist with the planning and implementation of communications, programs, fundraising, and volunteer training and management.
- Identify new reunion programming, cultivation and engagement strategies to increase attendance and awareness to alumni, students, community, faculty and staff.
- In conjunction with Advancement Corporate and Foundation Relations, identify and execute a sponsorship program for reunion programming.
- Work in partnership with the Advancement Communications to promote reunions in print, online and social media.
- Track metrics and data points to make strategic business decisions, determine effectiveness of programs, and to discover and cultivate opportunities for programmatic collaboration; produce reports and recommendations.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Three to five years of work experience.
Desired Qualifications: Experience in alumni relations, non-profit or higher education setting. Experience in volunteer management. Knowledge of Miami University.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Organized and task-oriented with demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills. Must possess ability to manage several project simultaneously. Ability to work collaboratively, proactively and positively. Strong communication skills with excellent written and verbal skills. Strong understanding and commitment to customer service. Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.