Assistant Director of Employer Relations
- Williams College
- Williamstown, MA
Assistant Director of Employer Relations
'68 Center for Career Exploration
Williams is pleased to announce the opening for the Assistant Director of Employer Relations. Reporting to the Director/Associate Director of Employer Relations and central to the Employer Relations team, the Assistant Director will work closely with the Director of Employer Relations and Career Center colleagues to build and execute a strategic employer cultivation plan; coordinate all employer and recruiting events (job & internship fairs, on-campus interviews, employer information sessions, etc.); supervise the Career Center Coordinator/Recruiting Assistant; oversee Handshake recruiting platform; maintain records and create reports, for employer and Handshake-related functions and ensure successful outcomes for the program.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should also highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assure the smooth management of the on-campus recruiting (OCR) program including employer information sessions, on-campus interview schedules, job and internship fairs, hosting employers while on campus, and collecting employer feedback.
- Expand and develop job and internship opportunities for students through outreach to employers, alumni, parents and other constituent groups.
- Work closely with employers to identify their needs and recommend best-practice recruiting options.
- Consult and collaborate with Career Center staff members to share industry trends, employer information, and identify potential recruiting partners within each Career Community.
- Ensure that employer events are marketed across campus through appropriate channels.
- Maintain records and report on the statistics of recruiting activities and employer contacts.
- Provide direct supervision for a full-time Career Center Coordinator & Employer Relations Assistant and part-time student Recruiting Assistants; work closely with the Employer
Outreach & Communications Coordinator.
- Manage Handshake, the office recruiting management system. Oversee the posting of job descriptions and other relevant information, and coordinating sign-up procedures and deadlines for students participating in the on-campus recruiting program and other related activities. Coordinate the First-Destination survey process via Handshake, attend users conference, and stay abreast of the latest vendor updates and functionality.
- Actively represent the college and its students to prospective employers. Seek opportunities from a highly diversified range of student industry interests. Deliver the highest level of customer service for employers, especially alumni.
- Collaborate with and follow up on OCR/Senior Development Officer sourced alumni internship and job introductions.
- Participate in many other Career Center activities as assigned by the Director and Associate Director.
This is a full-time, year-round, regular appointment.
A bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) with an emphasis on student affairs, human resource management, marketing or similar fields is required. 3-5 years of experience in a related business or career center setting, preferably related to recruiting or career development; demonstrated experience supervising or directing staff and managing events; excellent interpersonal skills; strong customer service, organization and written and oral communication skills. Must be able to work collaboratively and establish relationships with students, faculty, administrators, alumni, parents, and employers, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Familiarity with career service management systems (Handshake, Symplicity, etc.) is preferred.
Some evening and weekend hours are required during recruiting seasons, this may include travel to employer sites and professional conferences.
Review of applications will begin on September 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Williams College is a liberal arts institution located in western Massachusetts, with access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The college has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students. Williams is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2,000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff, and curriculum. Please visit the Williams College website (http://www.williams.edu).
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.