Position: Admissions Counselor
Salary: $62,285 approximate annual, plus State supported benefits
Position Summary: The Admissions Counselor provides academic and educational counseling to prospective students; develops and executes targeted recruitment activities, cultivates and nourishes relationships with business, military and educational partners; assists in the development of documents, policies and systems congruent with the College’s strategic enrollment management plan.
Bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience or Master's Degree and two (2) years relevant experience; strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to work independently; and competency in computer applications. Some travel and evening hours are required.
- Recruits and advises prospective students in person and remotely using various technological resources;
- Assists prospective students in understanding academic requirements and degree plan options;
- Works as part of the Enrollment Services team to achieve enrollment goals in accordance with departmental and college strategic plans;
- Cultivates and nurtures relationships with college partners including community college staff and faculty, military officers and educational counselors and human resources and staff development officers;
- Assist with the development and execution of MOUs, transfer and articulation agreements and CCAP agreements;
- Assists with the construction and realization of targeted marketing plans;
- Assists in the planning and implementation of departmental events;
- Presents workshops and attends college/career fairs in corporate, community and educational settings;
- Represents the Enrollment Services Department at Faculty Committee meetings;
- Serves on College-wide committees as needed;
- Maintains current knowledge of professional issues;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by September 16, 2019 at www.charteroak.edu/AboutUs/Employment.
CHARTER OAK STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MEMBERS OF MINORITY GROUPS AND PROTECTED CLASSES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.