Associate Vice President for Human Resources Operations
- Pennsylvania State University
- State College, PA
The Pennsylvania State University seeks an outstanding leader to serve in the newly created role of Associate Vice President for Human Resources Operations (AVP). The AVP will report to the Vice President for Human Resources and Chief Human Resources Officer, and will provide leadership across all human resources organizations and foster strategic collaborations and build partnerships that drive organizational effectiveness and superior service in support of the university’s mission and vision.
The Associate Vice President for Human Resources Operations provides oversight to all aspects of HR operations, and works closely and collaboratively with the University’s Enterprise IT, WorkLion Management Office, and F&B IT to ensure systems, platforms, and technologies effectively support and further the HR strategy, among other duties.
The AVP will have the following duties:
- Oversee the day-to-day administration of HR programs, policies and services through the HR professional services and shared services teams ensuring efficient, effective, compliant and customer-focused HR operations;
- Oversee strategy to track, monitor and report on HR data analytics, key performance indicators, and other metrics to ensure HR is operating in the most effective and efficient manner and allows Penn State leadership to understand workforce trends and improve decision-making;
- Being responsive to customer needs by gathering on-going feedback related to HR policies, processes and services and develops timely interventions to meet their needs;
- Develop a culture of process improvement and established a practice to review and improve processes across HR that are aligned to the needs of the customer and helps to achieve the HR vision;
- Collaborate with all areas of HR to ensure effective project management skills are developed and utilized to move forward critical strategic initiatives;
- Collaborate with leadership in Enterprise IT, WorkLion Management Office, and F&B IT to ensure systems, platforms, and technologies effectively support and further the HR strategy; and
- In partnership with the Financial Officer, and under the direction of the Vice President and CHRO, project the financial needs of the HR department, develop the budget, approve and monitor expenses, and generate financial reports.
The ideal candidates will have the following experiences and qualifications:
- Strong computer skills with knowledge and experience with HRIS software;
- Exceptional ability to build consensus across a wide range of constituents;
- Excellent leadership with a track record of developing and maintaining high performing teams;
- Ability to delegate work assignments, set expectations and ensure the completion of delegated activities;
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong presentation and executive engagement, listening, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to collaborate and recommend options, and relate sensitively to internal and external colleagues and constituents;
- Experience implementing change in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to make sound and accurate judgments and timely decisions;
- Flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks as necessary;
- A Bachelors in human resources, organizational development, business or other related fields is required;
- 10 years of progressive experience in HR or other related field is required, along with five years of senior leadership level experience;
- An Advanced degree in human resources or other related fields is preferred;
- Higher education or healthcare (especially academic medicine) experience is highly desirable; and
- Experience working in a shared services environment is preferred.
The Pennsylvania State University has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this search. Please submit applications, expressions of interest
and nominations to Beth Schaefer and Josyanne Roche at firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of your application, Pennsylvania State University has provided supplementary documents including a Notice of Combined Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report, a voluntary Affirmative Action Application Data Card, and a Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form. Please fill out the form here: https://koyapartners.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Penn-State-Forms.pdf and submit it with your application.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with higher education, nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.