TenTenure-Track Faculty - Strategic Management
Sacramento is one of the most diverse and integrated major cities in the country and Sacramento State is committed to providing a quality education for all of our region's students. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. Sacramento State is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Sacramento State is in the heart of Northern California and just five miles from the State Capitol. With more than 30,000 students and 1,600 full- and part-time faculty, Sacramento State is California's capital university. Quality teaching is a top priority at Sacramento State, which offers a wide range of degrees, programs, and career opportunities - and its lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas.
Hiring Dept. Information
For more than five decades, the College of Business Administration at California State University, Sacramento has consistently achieved its fundamental goal – to cultivate excellence in its graduates and to develop business leaders possessing not only top management skills, but also a broad understanding of their responsibilities to business and their community. It has maintained its accreditation under the stringent standards of the AACSB since 1963. In the course of our history, we have graduated nearly 40,000 undergraduate and graduate students. We believe about 24,000 alumni remain in the Sacramento region, fueling the success of our vibrant economy.
Teaching (Graduate and Undergraduate Courses in traditional, hybrid, and on-line modalities); Scholarly and Creative Activities (with an emphasis on publication of peer reviewed journal articles); Service/Contributions to the Institution; Service/Contributions to the Community; Student Advising; New course development and making changes to existing courses; Curriculum development; Assessment; and Supervising student (graduate and undergraduate) research.
- A Doctorate in Strategic Management or in another closely related discipline.
- The doctorate degree must be from an institution accredited by AACSB International or ABET (or an equivalent accreditation).
- Applicants in the dissertation stage (ABD) of doctoral study will be considered; however, all requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed by June 2021 to remain eligible for continued employment.
Special Knowledge and Abilities:
- Preference will be given to applicants with a demonstrated record of teaching, research, and industry experience in Strategic Management and, secondarily, in Entrepreneurship.
- A record of, or potential for, developing relationships with the business community and experiences or ability to work with a diverse student population are also highly desirable.
This is a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank, beginning with the Fall 2020 semester. Salary is dependent on qualifications and professional experience. Academic preparation, record of research and peer-reviewed publications, and professional experience will be considered. Summer research grants, moving expenses, and a reduced teaching load may be available.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications are only accepted at https://csus.peopleadmin.com
A list of required documents needed to apply to this posting can be found at the bottom of the posting under “Documents needed to apply.”
- A cover letter that addresses required and desired qualifications, that also includes a statement of teaching philosophy and scholarly interests;
- A current curriculum vita/resume;
- Unofficial copies of transcripts attesting to the highest degree earned (official transcripts required at time of appointment);
- A diversity statement - Sacramento State values diversity and inclusion and has made a university-wide commitment to being an inclusive institution. What contributions are you most proud of that demonstrate your commitment to promoting an inclusive environment? Please limit your response to 500 words.
A California State University, Sacramento College of Business Administration faculty member will attend the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management conference August 9th-13th and will be available to answer questions about this opportunity. If you would like more information about the position, please contact Jay Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE SYSTEM WILL ONLY ACCEPT 1 PDF FILE FOR EACH OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY.