Analyst and Project Manager - Office of the Provost
Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university that challenges the curious to deliver work that matters. Our world-class institution has distinctive areas of excellence and a culture marked by ambition and a deep, practical engagement with challenges facing society. We continue to produce hardworking alumni and draw faculty and staff eager to be a part of the university’s creative, dedicated and close-knit community. We place emphasis on practical problem solving, interdisciplinary learning, an ambitious spirit and teamwork.
The Office of the Provost is searching for an Analyst and Project Manager for Provost Office Operations. This is an exciting opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and meaningful work environment. In this new role, you will focus on the data infrastructure and analytics to support the operations and strategic initiatives in the Provost office. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Operations and Strategic Initiatives, you will facilitate collaboration and communication across academic and administrative units and lead efforts to improve data sharing, governance, and analysis. Lastly, you will be focused on the development of data feeds and infrastructure for the selected university student success platform that combines technology, research, and predictive analytics to support a positive student experience and degree completion.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Providing project management for the implementation of a student success platform to include setting up data infrastructure, coordinating with the vendor’s data scientist, and developing training and professional development materials that support the fidelity of implementation and feedback for process improvement; developing strategies and processes for strong platform utilization that produces a coordinated care network for students.
- Processing, summarizing, and bringing order to raw data related to academic research enterprise, transforming data into actionable information so that leadership can make decisions and set policies. Providing data analyses to include: comparing research results from the University to those of academic competitors; identifying technical areas of strength at different levels of granularity; identifying connections with faculty and colleges in CMU, as well as with external entities.
- Working with business and technical staff to interconnect various systems and databases on campus to streamline continuous data analytics.Working with relevant partners to validate data and collect new data when appropriate.
- Assisting in providing leadership to a steering committee of campus partners on the principles and assessment related to the implementation of other student success initiatives.
- Participating in regular meetings with immediate supervisors and Provost Office staff to report progress and discuss challenges; recommending solutions to practical problems. Making suggestions for procedural improvements, and providing written reports and presentations on data analysis that inform strategic initiatives.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Provost’s Office. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Ability to work autonomously in a complex environment;
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work with senior administrators, academic departments, faculty, professional advisors, data analysts, programmers, and other administrators focused on student success;
- Capability to manage a positive, reciprocal business relationships with software vendors; and
- Effective use of data to inform practice and policy that supports strategic initiatives and promotes values of access, diversity, and equity.
- Bachelor’s degree in higher education, advanced analytics, student services, administration, student development, instructional administration, education, planning, counseling, or related field required; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum five years of related experience in a higher education environment, including academic advising, assessment, research, or other student success efforts required.
- Experience with educational research and assessment, managing large data sets, visualizing data, business intelligence, statistical methods, and data analysis highly desired.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
More search results
Language Lecturer in Modern Hebrew Language
New York University
Application Support Analyst
Assistant Professor of European History, 1780-1920
New York University
tenure-track faculty position - Assistant Profess…
Unversity of Texas Arlingtion - Earth & Environmental Sciences
Assistant/Associate Professor of Transportation G…
George Mason University