Assistant Director of Housing Operations - Student Affairs
Carnegie Mellon is a global research university with more than 13,285 students, 98,000 alumni, and 5,000 faculty and staff. Recognized for its world-class arts and technology programs, teamwork across disciplines, and creative leadership of education in the fields of Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Public Policy & Information Systems, and Science, we are consistently ranked among the top 25 universities in the United States.
Carnegie Mellon University’s Department of Housing Services with the division of Student Affairs is searching for an efficient Assistant Director of Housing Operations – Assignments. In this role, you will be responsible for the management of several significant processes within the operations and assignments area to include housing assignments, staff training and supervision, and oversight of the StarRez system. Reporting to the Director for Operations, you will serve as an integral member of a team responsible for executing on the division’s vision of success.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of the housing assignment procedure to include first year, transfer, returning, and graduate students processes, occupancy management, income projections and report generation, collection and distribution of data related to occupancy and assignments, and coordination with administrative, dining, technology, finance and facility staff members.
- Implement and maintain reporting and benchmarking activities for the operations area including room rates, room and lifestyle options, occupancy planning, income planning and audit, space utilization and projects as assigned.
- Coordinate all assignment and billing responsibilities related to Greek housing to include roster collection, sign over collection and billing and Greek housing lease oversight for related issues.
- Lead all aspects of summer student housing including housing transitions, assignments, room rates, room preparation, coordination, and communications.Gives overall direction for admissions-sponsored events.
- Management of the StarRez system including room set-up and rates tables, terms, agreements, portal management, and portal updates for all assignments related processes, as well as support for other staff using the system. Management of access and security to the system. Provides data integrity and statistical oversight, as well as responds to bi-annual audit inquiries.
- Assist with annual administrative processes for the department including opening, mid-year closing and opening, and year-end closing, early arrivals, winter break housing, and summer housing.
- Provides direct supervision to two staff, assists in supervision of a graduate assistant, and has overall responsibility for student staff.Oversees the workflow of the operations teams to include hiring, training, coaching, accountability, and HRIS transactions.
- Coordinate all messaging related to Housing application and assignment processes contained in University and departmental publications, website, newsletters and documents. Oversight and assistance with marketing and recruitment initiatives.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Housing Services. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of someone who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Well-developed analytical, organization and problem-solving skills;
- Effective written communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of general and business specific regulations, policies and practices;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks such as financial management and planning, as well as supervise and coordinate multiple administrative processes; and
- Capability to respond to a variety of constituent needs and expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree highly desired.
- Minimum five years of related experience required; education and training may be substituted for experience.
- Experience in an academic setting and/or university housing strong preferred; experience using StarRez or similar system desired.
More search results
Associate Director Gift Agreements & Acknowledgem…
Director of Biological Sciences
Division of Biological Sciences - University of Missouri
Analyst and Project Manager - Office of the Provo…
Carnegie Mellon University
Director of Services, Facilities Management Divis…
University of Georgia