Technical Lead, Finance Strategic Transformation
- University of Virginia
- Charlottesville, VA
Technical Lead, Finance Strategic Transformation
The University of Virginia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced technical team leader to oversee the timely completion of all technical deliverables for the Finance Strategic Transformation (FST). FST is a comprehensive transformation initiative that includes culture change, business process improvement, and the implementation of Workday Financial Management. Reporting to the Senior Director for Finance Strategic Projects, this individual will manage the overall design, testing and deployment of technical aspects of the top priority initiative within the UVAFinance organization.
Collectively UVAFinance is responsible for accounting & financial reporting, payroll services, financial planning & analysis, student financial services, procurement/ accounts payable, financial outreach & compliance, and treasury & risk management functions.
The UVAFinance team recently adopted a vision to become the valued and trusted financial partner that the University community turns to first. The FST technical team leader is integral to achieving this vision; they will formally and informally lead teams that work across UVAFinance functional areas, stakeholders, technical experts, and consultants to implement process redesigns and system implementations that support the UVAFinance mission and vision. The Technical Team Leader must represent the UVAFinance core values: to be (1) an impeccable source of information; (2) a collaborative partner; to provide (3) service excellence and (4) innovative action; and to lead (5) valued, high-performing teams.
This position is initially limited to a two-year term, with the potential for permanent employment in an oversight role for Workday after the technology solution goes live.
- Responsible for providing overall leadership and subject matter expertise in the implementation of the technical areas in scope and overseeing the timely completion of deliverables required by the project plan. Oversees the overall design, testing and deployment of the technical areas.
- Responsible for overall management of the Technical team, including collaboration with and oversight of the implementation partner’s technical team, and for ensuring the coordination of their work with the work of other team members/leaders.
- Responsible for providing input on project planning activities.
- Responsible for providing overall leadership and subject matter expertise in the implementation of integrations and reporting functionality in scope and overseeing the timely completion of deliverables required by the project plan. Oversees the overall design, testing and deployment of integrations and reports. Oversees support for ongoing Workday inbound and outbound integration issues, changes to existing integrations as well as new integrations.
- Responsible for providing overall leadership and subject matter expertise for University conversion to Workday and overseeing the timely completion of deliverables required by the project plan.
- Collaborates with HCM and Financial Management BSAs and Functional Leads to stay abreast of new functionality becoming available in Workday and drives the deployment of feature releases.
- Responsible for ongoing tenant management.
- Serves as a strong consultative partner to business users and functional leaders to continuously improve service delivery.
- Responsible for providing overall leadership and subject matter expertise in the data conversion scope and overseeing the timely completion of deliverables required by the project plan. Oversees the overall design, testing and deployment of data conversions.
- Responsible for coordination of consulting resources to support the technical solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring configuration & technical migrations are reviewed and approved.
- Responsible for development and management of security model for Workday Financial Management functionality.
- Responsible for audit and traceability of data conversions.
- Responsible for collaborating with functional project team for cutover planning and execution.
- BA/BS degree in relevant technical field (Information Technology, Computer Science, Software, Engineering or related technical discipline).
- 3+ years of Workday experience including integrations, custom reporting, security management, tenant management, enhancing and supporting various Workday Financial Management modules. 5+ years of experience is desired.
- Oracle EBS experience a plus.
- 7-10 years of Software Development experience.
- Knowledge of Workday implementation tools (Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Workday Studio, Workday Report Writer, and iLoad) is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of security models and approaches to implementing security architecture within Workday.
- Workday certifications a plus.
- Technical Architecture experience.
- Experience with Web Services and APIs.
- Background in data transformation and analytics.
- Technical experience with XML and Java.
- Experience with interface, networking, and data warehousing technologies, as well as design, relational database technologies, and performance tuning.
- Experience with automated testing solutions (Kainos)
- Experience collaborating with and overseeing activities of implementation partner vendors.
- Understanding of Finance business processes and functions.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle both planned and unplanned responsibilities.
UVA Finance Strategic Transformation (FST):
UVA is focusing on a robust and effective financial management approach enabled by a fully integrated cloud-based technology solution for the University, with the intention to
- Leverage industry best practices
- Develop a future state business model
- Enable utilization of modernized tools.
Our goal is to reduce administrative burden, make compliance with regulations and policies easier and more consistent, strengthen our risk management framework, and allow the University community to better steward resources in support of its mission.
FST’s vision is to empower leadership, faculty, management, and staff with the financial information, services, and acumen needed to advance the mission of the University and its schools on a timely basis, so they are able to strategize, spot trends and plan ahead, steward financial resources for the greatest and best use, and operate efficiently and effectively.
- Promote a culture that values strategic thinking, transparency, entrepreneurism and continuous improvement.
- Broadly strengthen our financial acumen and promote a proactive, forward-looking, multi-year approach to financial planning and management.
- Align decision-making authority with responsibilities across schools, departments, and central units.
- Provide meaningful and easy to navigate dashboards and reporting tools to meet the needs of leaders, faculty, and staff.
- Improve our data architecture to make it easier to extract information and generate reports needed for planning, decision-making, and supporting day-to-day operations.
- Establish a governance model for defining data, designing and maintaining the Chart of Accounts to maintain its integrity, and for maintaining alignment of the platform with business needs.
- Provide a fully integrated, real-time Workday platform that supports efficient and effective business operations supported by common processes to the greatest extent possible.
For more information regarding the FST, please visit: https://financetransformation.virginia.edu/.
About the University:
The University of Virginia http://www.virginia.edu/ was founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 to advance human knowledge, educate leaders and cultivate an informed citizenry. Today, News & World Report consistently ranks UVA in the top three public universities. In the 28 years since U.S. News began ranking public universities as a separate category, UVA has always ranked among the top three. The University of Virginia continues to place among the top 30 of the nation’s public and private universities combined.
We are a thriving and diverse global community of nearly 54,000 students, faculty and staff. University students hail from virtually every state in the nation, and 111 countries, and our 220,000 alumni around the world actively support our mission to serve the greater good.
To learn more about UVA, download this PDF, https://executivesearch.virginia.edu/sites/executivesearch.virginia.edu/files/About%20UVA.pdf or visit http://www.virginia.edu/
To Apply or Nominate:
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit: https://executivesearch.virginia.edu/search/technical-lead-finance-strategic-transformation.
Applications should include a resume and letter of interest. The search will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
To be officially considered for this position, all applicants must apply through the UVA Workday portal at: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Technical-Lead--Finance-Transformation-Project_R0007916.
For confidential inquiries or to nominate someone for this opportunity, please contact please contact Tegan Wild at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Assistant Professor - Social Work
Southeast Missouri State University
Clinical Assistant Professors
New York University
KAYLA WEITLAUF ENDOWED PROFESSORSHIP IN WOMEN’S H…
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center - CBB
Assistant Professor - Criminal Justice
Southeast Missouri State University
Associate/Full Professor of English and Departmen…
North Central College