Dean of the School of Professional Studies
- Peru State College
- Peru, NE
- The compensation package will be competitive.
Peru State College invites applications and nominations from dynamic and inspiring leaders for the position of Dean of the School of Professional Studies.
The College: Peru State College (PSC) was established in 1867 as a teacher training school. Nebraska’s first college has since transformed into a state-of-the-art institution offering diverse, multifaceted educational programs to more than 2000 students as part of the Nebraska State College System (NSCS). The College has also enjoyed considerable support from the State of Nebraska, alumni and other friends of the College, with more than $85 million of campus renovation projects funded over the last fifteen years. Peru State’s beautiful “Campus of a Thousand Oaks” is nestled in the hills of historic southeast Nebraska on the Missouri River. The College is an hour from Omaha and Lincoln and two hours from Kansas City.
The School of Professional Studies: The School of Professional Studies is home to 17 faculty and two staff members in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, and Psychology with an emphasis on practical applications. The focus is on what the graduates will be able to do, in addition to what they will know, and that focus gives graduates an edge in the workplace. The School also drives decisions and programming for the Master of Science in Organizational Management degree through the Office of Graduate Programs.
The Dean: The Dean will report directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and provides leadership for a strong School of Professional Studies with a rich tradition of preparing leaders for their professions and communities. In the role as a key leader on campus, the Dean will be known for professionalism and a collaborative/accessible style. The successful candidate will be able to articulate a genuine commitment to Peru State’s open enrollment mission and have demonstrated passion for engaged teaching and learning and working with diverse populations. The position requires advanced project management, formal communication, and program solving skills, as well as the capacity for leadership at this level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish a vision and operating plans for the School that facilitate innovation, high quality educational outcomes, enrollment growth, and student retention;
- Ensure appropriate assessment and program evaluation strategies exist and make data-driven decisions and proposals for program enhancement;
- Develop strong working relationships and formal partnerships with a wide variety of internal and external constituencies;
- Keep informed and facilitate communication regarding activities and relevant trends for disciplines housed in the School and for higher education in general;
- Meet with and advise existing and prospective students;
- Recommend, supervise, mentor, evaluate and formally develop faculty and staff;
- Manage the department’s budget and office procedures;
- Actively participate in college recruiting efforts and campus events;
- Foster an environment in the School that is collaborative and collegial;
- Support and administer engaged learning programs and activities in the School; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Terminal degree;
- Record of effective teaching experience in higher education;
- Record of scholarly or creative achievement;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including budget management; and
- Experience teaching and/or administering online programs.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Significant leadership experience in public and/or higher education;
- Experience generating and accommodating enrollment growth; and
- Deep understanding of technology trends and applications.
For more information about this opportunity, please review the Position Profile. If the direct link doesn’t work in this advertisement, please go to our website at https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/ and click on Open Positions and Higher Education.
Nominations & Applications: EFL Associates (https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/), an executive search firm, is assisting Peru State College with its search for this key role. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm. Nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence and candidates will remain confidential until the final stage of the search, at which time the express permission of finalists will be obtained before making their candidacy public. In addition, no contact to references will be made without prior approval of the candidate
Applications should include:
- A letter of introduction outlining the applicant’s background, and qualifications for the position. (This letter should specifically address the leadership attributes and professional competencies for this position.)
- Curriculum vitae/résumé.
- Contact information (e-mail addresses are required) for five professional references, at least one of which is a person who has reported directly to you, a second who is a colleague, and a third who is an individual to whom the applicant has reported directly. Please note that references will not be contacted until further in the search process with prior approval by the applicant.
- All candidate materials should be submitted electronically as PDF documents through the following website: http://eflassociates.peopleadmin.com/postings/1259
- Application deadline is September 24, 2019.
- The preferred start date is January 2020, but is negotiable.
- This position is subject to Veterans Preference.
Nominations & Confidential Inquiries can be directed to:
Steve Waldron, JD
Managing Director, Higher Education Practice
Nominations & Application Questions can be directed to:
Ms. Angela Lilje
Project Manager, Higher Education Practice
PSC is an EOC.
More search results
Dean, University Libraries
Director of Development, UCLA Samueli School of E…
University of California, Los Angeles
Associate Director, Major Gifts - Anderson School…
University of California, Los Angeles
Asst. Dir., Residential Life
University of Houston