- Idaho State University
- Pocatello, ID
Idaho State University seeks a Dean of the College of Business
Location: Pocatello, Idaho
To view position profile: http://summitsearchsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/ISU_Dean_COB_Profile.pdf
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Provost, the Dean is the senior academic and administrative officer of the College. The Dean is a key player in the University's academic administration and is involved centrally in issues including strategic planning, budget, curriculum, facilities, and research. Moreover, the Dean is a key participant in external relations for the College and the University, including fundraising, alumni relations, economic development, legislative priorities (federal and state), and public relations. The Dean participates in a broad range of institutional discussions and decision-making, and must maintain an institutional perspective while considering the needs and goals of the College.
The Dean is an advocate for the College within the University and among external constituents, including business partners, prospective students, and alumni. The individual in this role consults with the College of Business Leadership Board, which includes individuals with significant experience and expertise in a variety of business and professional disciplines. The Dean works with an internal team that includes an Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, Senior Director of Development, Director of Professional Development, Director of Marketing and Communication, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Director of Graduate Studies, University Budget Officer, four Departmental Chairs, and the Center for Entrepreneurship and Economic Development.
- Leading staff, faculty, and students in setting strategic, operational, and financial directions for the College.
- Creating new opportunities for the College and the University and directing the College’s growth and enhancement.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and promoting high-quality academic programs, curriculum, and excellence in teaching that support students and achieve the mission and values of the College and the University.
- Honoring and fostering shared governance and embracing the concept of servant leadership, open communication, and transparency with faculty, staff, and students.
- Promoting and improving student success, retention, and graduation rates.
- Supporting faculty research and creativity.
- Developing positive working relationships with faculty and staff; fostering a welcoming, collegial, compassionate, stable, and inclusive organizational culture; and embracing ISU’s values of “Trust, Compassion, Stability, and Hope.”
- Collaborating with leaders of the business community to develop relationships and to ensure the College is producing graduates who meet the needs of organizations locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Diversifying resource streams that are in alignment with the goals of the College.
- Building external relationships and fundraising with alumni and potential donors to support the College mission and activities.
- Serving as a member of the ISU academic leadership team; working with the President, Provost, Vice Presidents, and fellow Deans to promote interdisciplinary programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Providing leadership for assessment and ensuring the College meets and exceeds the standards for AACSB accreditation.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A terminal degree in an academic field closely related to one of the College’s disciplines. However, individuals with non-business-related terminal degrees that have exceptional business and organizational accomplishments are also encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated scholarly and/or professional achievement with distinction sufficient to merit appointment at the rank of tenured full professor. Individuals with a non-traditional academic background should have the demonstrated scholarly and/or professional achievement to merit appointment at the rank of a non-tenured associate or full professor.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in leadership that includes experience with budgeting, personnel administration, enrollment management, and strategic planning.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in higher education with knowledge of current higher education trends, challenges, and demands as they may relate to ISU.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a diverse, multicultural environment and a commitment to and experience with increasing diversity and inclusion of faculty, staff, and students.
- Commitment to fundraising and relationship cultivation from external private and public sources.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively facilitate teamwork and foster the trust of faculty, staff, and students; commitment to transparency and shared governance.
- Understanding the needs involved with supporting faculty research and scholarship in an AACSB accredited College of Business.
About the Institution:
Idaho State University (ISU) combines exceptional academics amidst the grand natural beauty of the West. ISU faculty and students are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions in the areas of energy, health professions, nuclear research, teaching, humanities, engineering, performing and visual arts, technology, biological sciences, pharmacy, and business. ISU President Kevin Satterlee is bringing vision and excitement to the University. His administration is one of passion, communication, and transparency for the benefit of not only the University but also its surrounding community. To read more, visit www.isu.edu.
ISU, a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution founded in 1901, has a low student to teacher ratio of 14:1. ISU offers access to high-quality education in more than 250 programs to over 12,800 students. As a state leader in the health sciences, ISU offers widespread health services to the community, as well as multiple degrees in more than 50 health-related areas, including nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy, speech pathology, and physician assistant studies. In addition to significant offerings in health sciences, ISU offers a wide array of programs through colleges in business, education, technology, arts and letters, and science and engineering. Education at ISU is filled with real-world experience; the $2.3 million Career Path Internship program helps aid hundreds of students' career goals by pairing students with paid on- and off-campus internships. In their spare time, students can choose from more than 70 student organizations, enjoy nature through the Outdoor Adventure Center, or drive to Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve or Yellowstone National Park. The Stephens Performing Arts Center on the ISU campus is nationally ranked as one of the most impressive performance venues on a university campus. It is home to the Idaho State Civic Symphony and is also host to numerous plays, concerts, recitals, and art performances.
As an NCAA Division 1 school, ISU competes in the Big Sky Conference offering robust athletic programs to students such as basketball, cross-country, tennis, track and field, volleyball, softball, football, golf, and soccer. Read more: https://isubengals.com/
About the College of Business:
The College of Business at Idaho State University was the first in the state of Idaho to attain accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). ISU is also one of fewer than 200 schools worldwide to hold simultaneous accreditation in both Business and Accounting. The College has 45 faculty (27 tenure/tenure track and 18 non-tenure track), 144 graduate students and 791 undergraduate students. The College offers undergraduate degrees in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Health Care Administration, Informatics, Management, and Marketing, with a variety of emphasis areas and minors. The College offers several graduate degrees including a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Accountancy.
The College of Business has historically been a leader in accounting education, with student pass rates nearing 100 percent on the CPA exams, and has taken a leadership role in providing students with professional development and entrepreneurship opportunities. Small class sizes, a teaching and mentoring philosophy, and a distinct organizational culture enable The College of Business to create an experiential and personalized learning environment for students. The College faculty are well regarded for their commitment to active, experiential education and “signature” extra-curricular experiences. More information about the College is available at www.isu.edu/cob.
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; parties who apply by September 10, 2019 will be given first consideration. Please submit a PDF version of your complete curriculum vita/resume and a cover letter highlighting your interest in and qualifications for the position. To apply online, go to https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=su137
For more information or to offer recommendations or nominations:
Idaho State University is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
More search results
Community Partnerships Manager
Ohio University - ADMISSIONS
Associate Vice President for Inclusive Excellence…
Senior Vice Chancellor, Health Sciences and John …
University of Pittsburgh
Dean, College of Law
Dean of the School of Professional Studies
Peru State College