Assistant Professor, Marketing
- University of Connecticut
- Storrs, CT
The Marketing Department in the School of Business at the University of Connecticut invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin in Fall 2020.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to research and scholarship through high quality publications, participate in prominent national and international academic conferences, and help guide research efforts in their areas of expertise. In addition to research, the individual will be expected to teach appropriate courses at the undergraduate, masters, and/or Ph.D. levels, including the supervision of Ph.D. students, and participate in outreach and service activities. A successful candidate will share a deep commitment to effective instruction. A successful candidate will also be expected to assist the University in its efforts to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through their research, teaching, and/or public engagement the richness of diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into relevant course content; contribute to the development of pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
- A Ph.D. degree or equivalent degree in marketing or a related field at the time of hire. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- Evidence of publishing in premier marketing journals.
- Evidence of successful undergraduate teaching at a university.
- A deep commitment to promoting diversity.
- A completed Ph.D. degree or equivalent degree in marketing or a related field at time of interview. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- Evidence of successful graduate teaching at a university.
- Demonstrated record of scholarly productivity and an active research agenda.
- Research agenda and teaching experience that complements departmental needs.
- Evidence of service contributions to the department, school, university and/or discipline.
This is one full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position with a start date of August 23, 2020. The compensation package will be commensurate with background, qualifications and experience. The successful candidate’s primary appointment will be at the Storrs campus with the possibility of assignment at other UConn regional campuses or in online instruction.
Select “Apply Now” to be redirected to Academic Jobs Online to complete your application. Please submit the following and include your last name as well as search #2019607 in the document title for each document submitted:
- A cover letter specifically addressing your credentials relative to the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above.
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page teaching statement with attached teaching evaluations.
- A one-page research and scholarship statement (with discussion of your substantive research focus and the methodological approaches that you use to address research, experience in proposal development, mentorship of graduate students, etc.)
- A one-page commitment to diversity statement (as related to broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in instruction and research and pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of diverse learning styles, etc.)
Interested candidates are encouraged, but not required, to provide three (3) letters of recommendation at the time of application. The search committee will require three (3) letters of recommendation for all candidates who are invited for an interview. Preference will be given to applications received by August 15, 2019.
For more information regarding the Department of Marketing, visit http://Marketing.business.uconn.edu/. If you have questions related to the search, please send a detailed inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org, with MKTG FACULTY SEARCH in the subject line.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2019607)
This position will be filled subject to budgetary approval.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
More search results
Academic Coordinator I or II, Research and Evalua…
Center for Research on Educational Equity, Assessment & Teaching Excellence (CREATE), UC San Diego
Assistant Professor of Art History (Africa/Africa…
Southern Methodist University
Associate Director, Alumni Engagement
Assistant Director, Student Housing
Morehead State University
Director of Equity and Inclusion
Maryland Institute College of Art