- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Summary: The Associate Director, Event Management is responsible for all aspects of event strategy, planning and production for a portfolio of high profile, signature events identified as strategic priorities by the leadership of University Advancement. The associate director, event management works collaboratively as well as independently with divisional staff and external vendors, providing comprehensive planning and coordination of logistics for University Advancement special events. The position is also responsible for ensuring message cohesion across all aspects of the event experience. Events range from presidential visits to large donor or alumni events on campus and around the country. This position reports to the Director, Event Design and Management, and will also interact with other leaders within the division and the university.
● As a member of the divisional special events team, this position is responsible for the planning of strategic events related to the Division of University Advancement. This role requires the effective planning, supervision and implementation of events that substantially impact the University from the standpoint of perception by alumni, friends, prospective and current donors, and current students. Position will be required to plan events both individually and in conjunction with the Director and/or peers.
● Collaborate with alumni relations, development, stewardship, and university advancement communications staff to develop logistically sound and effective events that maximize alumni and donor engagement. This includes: developing goals, objectives, invite lists, creative event design, event programming, and post-event follow-up; coordinating event logistics; trouble-shooting and providing effective and timely solutions; providing project management oversight, on-site event support, and exceptional customer service.
● Serve as point person between division stakeholders and CME-IT team to guide development of all communications touchpoints that impact the event experience.
● In collaboration with the Director and/or peers, conduct research, make site visits and solicit resources for the selection and evaluation of event sites locally, regionally and nationally.
● Oversee the work of the administrative assistant in regards to event records processing and paperwork/invoice processing.
● Serve as liaison with offsite venue contacts on all event-related matters, including but not limited to: negotiation of contracts; coordination of event food and beverage, audio visual needs, photography, and room blocks; Ensuring appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.), customer service, and other quality standards to meet the expectations of the Division of University Advancement.
● In conjunction with the Director, maintain a divisional structure and strategy for special events. This includes: following procedures to produce successful events; staff training; strategic planning; creative oversight; and project management related to advancement, alumni, stewardship and development events.
● Provide support as necessary to all university advancement events, consult or serve on divisional or university committees, and other duties as may be required for the successful engagement of alumni and donors.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree. Minimum of two years of experience in event planning in a non-profit, higher education or conferences and events setting.
Desired Qualifications: Experience with Ellucian Banner ERP and iModules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. High level of organizational skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage a large variety of tasks and set priorities. A commitment to strong customer service is essential. Able to deal with the pressure of deadlines. Must be a self-starter who can work independently but also able to work effectively within a team environment. Proficient in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel. Willingness to travel and work weekends/evenings as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required documents; Cover letter, resume and list of three professional references
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.
More search results
Deputy Commissioner for Academic Affairs, Innovat…
Louisiana Board of Regents
General Counsel and Vice Chancellor for Legal Aff…
City University of New York
Assistant Vice President and Director for Interna…
Texas State University
President and Vice-Chancellor
Memorial University of Newfoundland
City University of New York Baruch College