President, Las Positas College
- Las Positas College
- Livermore, CA
Las Positas College
President, Las Positas College
Closing Date: Open until filled, however to ensure full consideration applications must be received by Monday, August 19, 2019, 11:59:59 p.m. All inquiries, nominations, and applications will be held in strictest confidence.
Location: Livermore, CA
To apply, please submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/presidentsearch2019/
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a President for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
The President of Las Positas College serves as the Chief Executive Officer and reports to the Chancellor of the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District, a two-college district. The President will be expected to provide strong leadership and advocate for the College in a growing and changing community. The President must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, innovation, and commitment to shared governance.
The President shall be appointed by the Governing Board upon the nomination of the Chancellor and shall serve under the terms of an appropriate administrative contract.
NOTE: This class specification is not necessarily all-inclusive in terms of duties and responsibilities.
This is an executive-level position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. The salary includes generous vacation, holidays, health and welfare benefits, and a fringe benefits package. The new President will be expected to assume duties on or about January 1, 2020.
• Assure compliance with Accreditation Standards as well as California Community College governance and budgetary regulations and processes at all levels: state, district, and college;
• Exercise fiscal responsibility, strong financial acumen, and success in developing and implementing organizational efficiencies, cost-saving strategies and securing resources that would ensure the continuing development of College programs;
• Seek alternative sources of revenue and successfully leverage resources through grants and partnerships for educational opportunities and/or programs;
• Work with the college foundation;
• Communicate and work collaboratively with others with information that goes both vertically and horizontally throughout the District, including the participatory governance process;
• Plan effectively, implement strategies, and advocate for the College within a multi-college district structure;
• Advise the Chancellor on District issues, programs, and services; as a member of the senior leadership team, recommend policy and implement procedures for Board-adopted policies and/or procedures;
• Fulfill labor contracts and work within a collective bargaining environment;
• Work collaboratively with academic services and student services of the college;
• Develop and maintain community involvement, create partnerships, and promote the values of the college;
• Provide visibility and engagement as an administrator.
California State-mandated minimum requirements for the position of President are an earned master’s degree from an accredited institution and one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the President’s assignment.
Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• An earned doctorate from an accredited institution;
• Evidence of a successful record of achievement in progressively senior executive-level positions held in large complex organizations including administrative experience in an accredited community college, preferably in California;
• Evidence of relevant teaching and/or counseling experience in community college/higher education.
Job Work Schedule
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates will need to have the following information or materials available to complete the application:
1. A cover letter (not to exceed 5 pages) that succinctly states how they meet the qualifications, and provide evidence of their experience and responsibilities. Note that this letter also serves as the “Personal Qualifications Statement.”
2. A current resume.
3. A list of eight references – two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member), two colleagues and two faculty members. References may be from either current or former institutions. References will not be contacted without the applicant’s permission.
4. Unofficial or official transcripts.
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
More search results
Vice Chancellor of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
University of Denver
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
La Salle University
Illinois Wesleyan University
Central State University
Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student A…
United States International University - Africa