Day Assistant Teacher – Child Development Center
- Chemeketa Community College
- Salem, OR
Chemeketa Community College welcomes applications for a full-time Day Assistant Teacher in our Child Development Center.
This position is the assistant teacher in the Child Development Center. The position assists with the delivery of a developmentally appropriate child care program for pre-school age children, builds supportive relationships with parents, and models constructivist practice for Early Childhood Education college students. This position also assists with maintaining a clean, healthy and safe environment for children and adults.
Closing Date: Friday, July 05, 2019
You would be challenged to find a college that matters more to its community than Chemeketa means to the residents of Oregon’s Mid-Willamette Valley. If you can affirm our mission to provide opportunities for students to explore, learn, and succeed through quality educational experiences and workforce training, then Chemeketa will be a rewarding workplace to fulfill your potential and contribute your expertise.
The Community We Serve
Chemeketa Community College is the third largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, with approximately 29,000 students enrolled from a diversity of backgrounds. Chemeketa has seven locations, Salem campus, Yamhill Valley campus, Brooks Regional Training facility, Woodburn center, Polk center, Center for Business & Industry and Viticulture at Eola. Chemeketa's district encompasses nearly 2,700 square miles of the Mid-Willamette Valley and includes all of Marion, Polk, and most of Yamhill counties with a small portion of Linn County. About 465,000 citizens live in the district, with Salem, the capitol city of the state of Oregon, comprising the largest single concentration of citizens.
We are a college community enriched by the diversity of our students, staff, and community members. Each individual and group has the potential to contribute in our learning environment. Each has dignity. To diminish the dignity of one is to diminish the dignity of us all.
The successful candidate will have:
Early Childhood Education Certificate of Completion (or equivalent)
A minimum of 40 quarter credits of college coursework in early childhood education and/or human development
- Interest in learning and growing as an early childhood classroom teacher in a high-quality setting
- Ability to proactively and empathetically communicate with children, parents and college students with diverse points of view
- Knowledgeable about child development and guiding children in a constructivist manner that promotes all areas of their development
- Associate degree from an accredited institution in Early Childhood or related field (Child Development, Child & Family Studies, Family & Consumer Science)
- Six months experience working as part of a team with pre-school and/or kindergarten-aged children in a developmental program setting
- Reflects the culture and background of ECE college students
- Knowledge of constructivist teaching and developmentally appropriate practices
- College lab school experience as student or staff member
To be considered for this position, a complete online application is required. For complete information on this and other job opportunities, please visit our web site at http://jobs.chemeketa.edu.
We are an EO/AA/ADA institution
More search results
School of Public Service - Boise State University
Multiple Open-Rank Faculty Positions in Computer …
University of Missouri Science and Technology
Artist Teacher of Clarinet (Full-time, tenure tra…
Texas Christian University
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor – Health S…
Northern Arizona University
Assistant or Associate Professor and Director of …