Senior Audio Visual (AV) Systems Programmer
- George Mason University
- Fairfax, VA 22030
Senior Audio Visual (AV) Systems Programmer
The George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS), Learning Support Services, Learning Space Design team- located on the Fairfax, Va. campus-invites applications for a Senior AV Systems Programmer to support the design and maintenance of a large, multi-campus portfolio of classroom presentation systems. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Mason is seeking a Senior AV Systems Programmer with the ability to provide strategic vision and operational capability for the design of innovative teaching and learning spaces.
The Senior AV Systems Programmer works closely with AV engineers, project managers, support staff, network engineers, and others to ensure presentation systems across multiple campuses. This position is also responsible for managing an enterprise-level remote support architecture, specifically Crestron Fusion, for classrooms and other supported presentation systems. This position works in a team-oriented environment that requires significant collaboration and effective communication to successfully carry out the mission.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of analog and digital components including projection systems, transports, switchers, control systems, portable devices of all types;
- Demonstrated proficiency troubleshooting networked AV issues including sound, video, EDID tables, IP tables, software and hardware configurations;
- Demonstrated system design experience and experience designing code for and integrating a variety of manufacturer’s equipment, including equipment from Biamp, Extron, Clear One, Crestron, Cisco, Shure, and Vaddio;
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot equipment and systems in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that includes multiple sites/locations;
- Demonstrated command of written and oral communication;
- Relevant experience programming Crestron AV systems, including operating code, interface design, as well as deployment;
- Relevant experience using Crestron Fusion to manage multiple devices;
- Experience working with vendors and other units to coordinate upgrades, complete programming projects;
- Relevant experience in the troubleshooting of integrated digital A/V systems and technologies;
- Experience reading rack elevation, block, and signal flow diagrams for complex integrated audiovisual systems; and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience programming Crestron AV systems, including operating code, interface design, as well as deployment and support tools;
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience configuring and administering Crestron Fusion in an Enterprise-level environment; and
- Experience with A/V over IP technologies.
Salary is up to $75,000; commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02047z by July 22, 2019 at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Dean of the School of Continuing and Professional…
Dean, School of Education
Assistant Professor, Postsecondary Education
University of Northern Iowa
Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Services
Community College of Baltimore County
Assistant Professor/Professor - Lateral - School …
University of California, Berkeley