Dean, Liberal Arts - South Campus
- San Jacinto College
- Houston, Texas, United States, 77089
San Jacinto College
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Provides strategic and administrative leadership, supervision, and support to the division in guiding the liberal arts students toward their educational and career goals.
- Supervises tracking and analyzing of student performance data.
- Reviews and confirms that faculty credentials meet SACS and/or THECB criteria.
- Provides general supervision of safety, security and maintenance of classrooms and laboratories used in the division.
- Administers and supervises the operation of campus grants; and provides leadership in curriculum planning and development, curriculum revision, instruction, fiscal matters, and program evaluation.
- Responsible for strategic oversight and supervision of administration, operations, infrastructure systems, and coordination of all division activities. To include: short and long term strategic planning, scheduling, implementation, curriculum development, faculty recruitment, budgeting, interaction with advisory boards and other external constituencies, and accreditation and licensing issues.
- Oversees the department chairs in performing the tracking and analyzing of program data, specifically student performance and enrollment data for the division.
- Collaborates with department chairs on curriculum review and approval processes. Plans, directs and participates in program reviews and student learning outcomes assessment activities. Oversees resolution of conflicts with department chairs involving staff or student issues.
- Oversees the performance management process. Works with the department chairs to perform activities related to performance management within the subdivisions and programs (supervising creation of IPPs, midterm evaluations, end of cycle evaluations, validation meetings, and appeals with faculty.)
- Plans and administers budgets and facilitates the allocation of resources (capital/human/fiscal/physical) to accomplish instructional objectives through excellence and innovation and provides leadership, direction, and administrative support to the faculty and staff to enhance the teaching and learning processes in the programs within the division.
- Evaluates the need for new instructional equipment, makes sure equipment is purchased in a timely manner and assumes responsibility for the equipment inventory.
- Provides leadership, direction, and support to the division department chairs, division operations coordinator, and support staff.
- Collaborate with other deans across the district on various projects and issues.
- Plans, develops and implements innovative partnerships with business/industry, government agencies, high schools, universities, and other entities as appropriate.
- Evaluates curriculum based on educational requirements for compliance with Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board guidelines.
- Participates in the selection of division and operations leaders and full-time faculty.
- Serves on councils, committees, and tasks force as directed and supports the department chairs and lead faculty with their committee responsibilities.
- Twelve (12) month position / Forty (40) hours per week Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Must be available for evening and weekend hours as needed
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position you MUST attach the following documents:
2. Cover Letter
4. Student Success statement
Student Success statement: We are passionate about students, learning, and outcomes. As such, we are looking for individuals who share our enthusiasm and commitment. Please provide a 1-2 page overview and share your perspective on student success.
Transcripts must be attached to the application, even if the applicant is a current or former employee of the college.
If you are unable to attach your documents to the application or encounter other difficulties with the on-line application, please contact Human Resources (281-998-6115) or email your documents to the following address:
San Jacinto College District - Human Resources
4620 Fairmont Parkway, Suite A-2.112
Pasadena, Texas 77504-3398
Phone | 281-998-6115 Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Salary Grade: 36
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req1845
Posting Close Date: 6/30/2019
- Master's Degree from regionally accredited institution.
- Doctorate or terminal degree in discipline field from regionally accredited institution.
- Three years of successful teaching experience at the community college level in a related field with five years of progressive and strategic administrative experience in higher education at the community college level or equivalent experience.
- Five years of successful teaching experience at the community college level in a related field with six or more years of progressive and strategic administrative experience in higher education at the community college level or equivalent experience.
More search results
Senior Associate Dean, Business Affairs & Chief O…
McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin
Dean, AddRan College of Liberal Arts
Texas Christian University
Clinical Professor of Marketing
Southern Methodist University, Cox School of Business
Texas Christian University
Dean of the College of Fine Arts
Texas Christian University