Alamo Colleges District, located in San Antonio, Texas is a nationally recognized organization and the recipient of the Malcom Baldridge National Quality Award, the nation’s highest honor for performance excellence. Four of the five colleges in the Alamo Colleges District are named in the top 150 of the nation’s best community colleges and Palo Alto Colleges is among the top two in the country. We invite applicants to explore an opportunity to join our high-performing and award-winning team by applying for the position of Chief Program Officer of its AlamoPROMISE programs. This new position is aligned to report to the Chancellor of the Alamo Colleges District (ACD).
AlamoPROMISE is a new collaborative initiative between the ACD and community and educational partners who will garner and deploy philanthropic gifts, business contributions and public and private funding, for the purpose of eliminating financial barriers to higher education. AlamoPROMISE is one component of Chancellor Dr. Mike Flores’ vision to eliminate poverty in San Antonio through education and fulfill the vision established by the Alamo Colleges District Board of Trustees, to be the best in the nation in student success and performance excellence.
The incumbent will lead and manage the AlamoPROMISE programs across the ACD, pursue and maintain quality and efficiencies within a collaborative model, and develop a sustainable network of college and community partners to ensure effective outreach and comprehensive student support and financial resources and services.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Responsible for the overall management and leadership of the AlamoPROMISE program(s) across ACD. Facilitates the development of a sustainable network of college and community partners to ensure effective outreach and comprehensive student support and financial resources and services.
- Creates and negotiates collaborative partnerships in the private and public sector. Leads planning efforts, discussions and decision-making to develop community and district-wide strategies in support of program initiatives.
- Develops, implements, and manages quality programs with a focus on PROMISE students. Ensures program effectiveness through the development, implementation and evaluation of quality assurance standards.
- Creates and meets recruitment, enrollment management, and retention metrics of all PROMISE students. Leads communication with prospective students.
- Coordinates resources across ACD (finance, staff, technology, etc.). Creates budget for AlamoPROMISE and related future programs. Creates a collaborative support team. Manages staff.
- Reviews legislation and rules/regulations to evaluate impact on AlamoPROMISE programs; coordinates responses and drafts necessary related policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance and coordination for internal/external communications and outreach related to AlamoPROMISE services and programs including, but not limited to publications, websites, and other related areas.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT
Master's degree or a combination of relevant experience, education and training that equates to the required degree. Prefer doctorate.
- Seven years of progressive experience in college program development, enhancement and administration.
- Previous experience working with potential funders and submitting proposals.
- Able to work with a wide array of external constituent partners, (CEO’s, business owners, elected leaders, school superintendents/principals, community leaders, etc.).
- Success in providing students with a continuum of academic and student support services, including knowledge of social services.
- Experience leading strategic initiatives and programs in higher education. Prefer applicable experience in a multi-college or multi-campus community college district.
- Demonstrated professionalism and self-direction within the context of complex initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
Licenses and Certifications - Must possess and maintain a valid Texas driver license and be insurable through the organization’s insurers.
The Alamo Colleges District which includes Palo Alto College, Northwest Vista College, San Antonio College, St. Philip’s College, and Northeast Lakeview College, along with a number of off-campus locations throughout the San Antonio metropolitan area, serving a ten county region, with a total enrollment of over 100,000 students.
AWARDS, RECOGNITION AND MAJOR INITIATIVES DURING 2019
- Honored as the only community college system in the nation to earn the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
- One of only four Texas community college institutions to be selected as a finalist for Excelencia in Education’s inaugural Seal of Excelencia.
- AlamoONLINE was formally released and is serving students in Bexar County and seven surrounding counties.
- Fresh Start, a program to offer eligible students the opportunity to re-enroll and complete their degree or certification, was established.
- Palo Alto College was named a Rising Star and Northwest Vista College nominated by the 2019 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, the nation’s signature recognition of high achievement and performance in America’s community colleges.
- St. Philip’s College named #9 of the 2019 Best Online Community Colleges in Texas.
- Northeast Lakeview College ranked #12 of the 50 best community colleges in the nation by Learn.org.
- San Antonio College ranked one of the top community colleges for Hispanics, by Hispanic Outlook (H.O.) magazine for the third consecutive year.
As its namesake, Alamo Colleges District has their own inspirational impact on society. From our origin as a community college district in 1945 through decades of
change and expansion, we have fought to make higher education accessible and affordable for all. Today, five colleges fulfill this promise with a vast array of
courses and 2-year degrees. In short, it is our mission to reshape futures.
The application deadline is 07/21/2019. For more information about this search, the Alamo Colleges District and the application process, please visit our website at https://alamo.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=2&id=5752. For information call Human Resources at 210-485-0843.
Alamo Colleges is committed to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status (including special disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran, or recently separated veteran), predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law, or persons who have opposed discrimination or participated in any complaint process on campus or before a government agency.
More search results
Chair, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabi…
UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
Assistant Vice President and Director for Interna…
Texas State University
Associate Academic Deans (2)
Texas Tech University
Southern Methodist University-Cox School of Business
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
Texas Christian University