- Susquehanna University
- Selinsgrove, PA
CHIEF INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY OFFICER
Susquehanna University, located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, seeks an innovative leader for the position of Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officer (CIDO). The CIDO will be responsible for the advancement and implementation of a strategic vision and initiatives that demonstrate the University’s commitment to a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors. They are clear that this work is not the work of one person or one office. Having a dual reporting structure, the CIDO will report to both the President and the Vice President of Human Resources. This innovative dual reporting structure will provide the CIDO an opportunity to work in close partnership with two University leaders who bring unique perspectives and valuable skill sets in responding to an increasingly complex higher education environment. This forward leaning structure will afford the new CIDO an opportunity to join leaders who are passionate about working collaboratively with stakeholders across the campus to ensure the implementation of new ideas are done so compassionately, effectively, and timely.
The successful candidate will be a strategic, innovative, and visionary leader with proven experience in leading diversity and inclusion initiatives. The CIDO will have a successful record of advancing implementation strategies that demonstrate commitment to promoting a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Candidates should also have:
- Deep understanding of and passion for the work of inclusion and diversity; a willingness to be a leader, ambassador, and catalyst for change in a complex and dynamic environment, respecting all constituent groups using current and proven best practices for efficient and successful results;
- Strong administrative ability to articulate and realize concrete measures for implementing the strategic vision;
- Knowledge of current diversity issues with a clear understanding of the importance of an inclusive and diverse environment in a comprehensive university or similar setting;
- Ability to lead with both a decisive and consultative style, foster open communications, and proactively build positive relationships with faculty, staff, students, and diverse constituencies;
- Experience in working collaboratively and effectively with various constituencies on strategies around inclusion and diversity;
- Well-organized and self-directed individual who exhibits a high level of integrity that inspires trust and confidence;
- A strong and confident listener and communicator who brings a calm presence, establishes credibility with many and varied constituencies, builds consensus and engenders trust based on integrity, critical thinking and excellent interpersonal skills and transparency;
- Experience mediator with well-developed conflict resolution skills who has the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and conduct investigations of unlawful harassment, discrimination and retaliation involving faculty, staff, students, and contractors;
- Demonstrated understanding of federal, state and local laws, regulations, and guidelines related to affirmative action and civil rights enforcement;
- An advanced degree and experience with Title VII, ADA, EEO/AA are preferred; and
- Preference will be given to those with experience in higher education.
This search is being led by Mo Lashendock and supported by Josyanne Roche of Koya Leadership Partners. To express your interest in this role, please submit your materials, including your letter of interest and resume here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.