Assistant Professor-Biomedical Sciences (2 Positions Open)
Assistant Professor-Biomedical Sciences; 2 Open positions (JZ)
Creighton University Department of Biomedical Sciences invites applications for 2 full time, tenure track Assistant Professors within the School of Medicine (http://medschool.creighton.edu/biomedicalsciences/)
Responsibilities of a faculty member within the Department of Biomedical Sciences will include:
- Faculty member is expected to apply for federal and other sources of support for their ongoing research activities, with the expectation of obtaining extramural funding that will cover at least 25% of their salary by the end of a three-year start-up period.
- Faculty member is expected to establish credentials for teaching in the lab and the classroom, contribute to graduate student instruction in their area of expertise and participate in team-taught courses for professional students.
- Faculty member is required to pursue scholarly activity, consistent with career advancement at Creighton University. Faculty member will be expected to develop an independent research program and maintain extramural funding for their research. Research activity is expected to be presented to subject matter peers and published in major refereed journals.
- Faculty member is expected to participate in departmental, School of Medicine and Creighton University committees and administrative activities to an increasing degree during their employment tenure.
- Faculty member is expected to actively participate in professional organizations relevant to their area of scientific expertise.
Creighton University is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Vets.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D, M.D., or M.D./Ph.D;
- Postdoctoral training with significant research experience;
- 2-4 years prior teaching experience;
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to foster student learning, development, and decision making in support of their goals, success, wellness, and needs;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport quickly and effectively with a diversity of populations;
- Empathy and compassion for the experiences of others;
- Ability to provide evidence of excellent university-level teaching and/or significant publications
Additional Applicant Information:
Special consideration will be given to those 1) utilizing various translational approaches to auditory diseases, including drug development, gene therapy, genomic predisposition, animal models and clinical applications; or 2) examining aspects of signaling, gene regulation, and genome function in cancer with a focus on the identification of novel targets and computer-aided strategies for drug design.
Candidates are strongly urged to familiarize themselves with Creighton’s mission and founding principles and review the Faculty Handbook at: http://www.creighton.edu/mission/;
Rank and salary commensurate with education and experience. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Please include the following in your attachments: a CV, a brief summary of research plans, and three (3) letters of recommendation should be included in you application submission. Position Application Link: http://k.rfer.us/CREIGHTONev3hX
- Seeing: 75 – 100%
- Hearing: 75-100%
- Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 25-49%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: 10 lbs.)
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
- Travel: Yes (less than 15%)
- Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: Yes (potentially)
Please direct all inquiries to:
Attn: Jerrod Lawrence, Administrator-Biomedical Sciences
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
More search results
Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
Visiting Assistant Professor of Sport Management
The University of Tampa
Assistant Professor in Central American Studies i…
University of California, Los Angeles
Provost/Executive Vice President for Academic Aff…
Lecturer in Violin
Texas Christian University