Senior Associate Director of Development Farmer School of Business
Summary: The Senior Associate Director of Development will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the Farmer School of Business.
- Serve as a departmental liaison for the Farmer School of Business at Miami University in addressing their philanthropic and alumni relations objectives.
- Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers. Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends, and corporate partners through campus visits and regional events.
- Prepare and present departmental and divisional proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators and deans. Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Develop and implement service, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of Advancement Services and Office of Development staff and faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under guidance of the Associate Vice President for Development and External Relations for the Farmer School of Business and the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor degree required; four years of corporate sales, business development and/or fund raising experience; outstanding oral and written communications skills; commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level.
Desired Qualifications: Fund raising experience in an educational setting, management experience, and project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business development and/or fund raising experience
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level.
Special Instructions to Applicant: Required documents;Cover letter, resume and list of three professional references
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.
More search results
Instructor - 121970
University of West Florida
Major Gift Officers in Advancement & Alumni Relat…
George Mason University
Associate Vice President, Development
University of Virginia
Title IX & Bias Harassment Coordinator
Associate Director, Learning & Organization Devel…
Columbia University Irving Medical Center