Dean, College of Education and Rehabilitation
- SALUS UNIVERSITY
- Philadelphia, PA
Salus University, located in suburban Philadelphia, seeks a visionary and energetic Dean of the College of Education and Rehabilitation (CER) who will guide the programs in this college to meet education needs. The Dean oversees and evaluates the college's degree and non-degree programs, operations, fiscal viability and the strategic allocation of resources to ensure quality continued excellence. The Dean has oversight for accreditation for all CER programs, strategic planning, and budgeting. In addition, the Dean is responsible for the day-to-day management of faculty, staff and students and for creating innovative opportunities to ensure the development and progression of student educational experiences. This individual must be committed to promoting and fostering faculty and programmatic development including excellence in teaching, professional practice and service. The Dean will promote innovation within the College, while fostering interdisciplinary collaboration and collegiality across Salus University as a whole. The Dean will build ties with clinical and educational partners in the region and create a positive atmosphere for academic and programmatic growth.
About the College of Education and Rehabilitation:
Salus University College of Education and Rehabilitation's mission is to develop and offer graduate education and rehabilitation programs by preparing highly qualified professionals to support individuals who have, or are at risk for, disabilities, by creating an interprofessional environment of practitioners committed to lifelong learning and critical thinking, and fostering dedication to the communities they serve. The College is comprised of a compelling array of Post-baccalaureate programs in onsite and blended formats in the Department of Blindness and Low Vision Studies (Low Vision Rehabilitation, Orientation and Mobility, Educators of Children and Youth with Visual Impairments, and Vision Rehabilitation Therapy); the Department of Occupational Therapy; and the Department of Speech-Language Pathology.
About Salus University:
Salus University, founded as the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1919, today is a diversified, globally recognized professional academic center of learning that offers a wide range of degree programs in the professions of Optometry, Audiology, Physician Assistant, Public Health, Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Biomedicine, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology. Salus operates four clinical facilities in the Philadelphia area that provide highly specialized vision, hearing and balance, and speech-language pathology services. The University has more than 1,100 students, including PhD candidates, and more than 12,500 alumni worldwide. For more information, please visit www.salus.edu
Knowledge, Education and Experience Required:
- A minimum of seven years of successful administration experience in related rehabilitation sciences, preferably in academia.
- A broad understanding of rehabilitation sciences and their present and future role within complex and dynamic health care and educational systems.
- An earned doctoral degree in a related area.
- Demonstration of a commitment to excellence in education, research, and service.
- Demonstration of the ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective relationships with a variety of internal and external constituencies of the College.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Direct experience with program accreditation.
- Have an understanding of and ability to manage budgets.
- Knowledge and experience in grant writing and management.
Other Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Additional post-graduate training in relevant disciplines.
- Experience with and interest in interprofessional education.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salus University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women/Minorities/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply. Please send your application via: http://www.salus.edu/About/Human-Resources/Employment-Opportunities.aspx