- George Mason University
- Fairfax, VA 22030
AV Engineer/Project Manager
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) – located on the Fairfax, Va., campus—invites applications for a AV Engineer/Project Manager position within the Learning Support Services, Learning Space Design team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Learning Space Design AV Engineer/Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and/or implementing classroom design projects to include new construction, renovations, and technology refreshes. Learning spaces can include non-traditional environments, specialized labs, customized classrooms, and miscellaneous spaces that are not readily classified as a traditional learning environment. The AV Engineer/ Project Manager will provide AV and IT design, engineering, and installation support for primarily classroom learning systems at all George Mason University campuses and installations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology, Information Technology, Architecture, or a technically related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills;
- In-depth and broad knowledge of computing technologies, audio- visual equipment, video conferencing technologies and audiovisual control systems;
- Collaborative working style is critical to successful project completion;
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities;
- Experience managing large scale projects;
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service in a technical environment;
- InfoComm CTS certification or ability to obtain certification within first year of date of hire;
- Experience generating signal flow diagrams for complex audiovisual systems; and
- Experience working in a project team environment to complete complex assignments with tight deadlines.
- Experience working in a Higher Education environment;
- Experience with Crestron controlled systems and remote asset management software;
- Knowledge of instructional methods and the uses of technology to enhance that instruction;
- Basic knowledge of information technology applications;
- PMI, PMP, CAPM or ability to obtain CAPM certification within first year of date of hire;
- InfoComm CTS-D certification within first year of date of hire;
- Crestron DMC-D or DMC-E certification within second year of date of hire; and
- Master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Salary up to $64,000; commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 01553z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information. References must include name, email address and phone number.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.