Vice President for University Advancement
- Idaho State University
- Pocatello, ID
Idaho State University seeks a Vice President for University Advancement
Location: Pocatello, Idaho
To view position profile: http://summitsearchsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/ISU_VPUA_Profile.pdf
The Vice President for University Advancement reports to and advises the President of the University, serves on the President’s Leadership and Administrative Councils, and supervises development, alumni relations, and advancement functions. The Vice President also serves as the executive vice president of the Idaho State University Foundation; a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to inspire robust funding, support and engagement from alumni, parents, friends, corporations, foundations, and others for the benefit of ISU.
This highly collaborative position as Chief Aspiration Officer requires exceptional communication skills, demonstrated fundraising expertise, and a proven record of nurturing excellent working relationships with University constituencies, including trustees, alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents, funders, and corporate, foundation, community, and civic leaders. The Vice President will design and execute the strategic vision for advancement efforts in alignment with the University’s values, aspirations and priorities.
Kevin D. Satterlee became Idaho State University’s 13th president in June 2018. He has served Idaho’s higher education system for over 20 years. Kevin has a passion for watching students transform their lives through their educational experiences.
Upon assuming the presidency, Kevin committed to faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends of the University to always listen, be transparent and lead inclusively. One of his top priorities as president is to continue to build on and celebrate ISU’s strengths, traditions and community culture. Over the next 10 years, Kevin aims to lead Idaho State University to greater heights by maximizing the strengths of the institution, building strong and lasting relationships between the University and its constituents, and helping to remove barriers to success. The future of Idaho State University is bright with the talent and passion of the Bengal family.
University Advancement supports Idaho State’s primary mission of advancing scholarly and creative endeavors and the creation of new knowledge through research and effective academic instruction.
University Advancement’s ambition is to increase the resources available to Idaho State University by generating private philanthropy and volunteer support. University Advancement works hand-in-hand with the ISU Foundation to help provide the critical resources for the University to provide educational excellence to a diverse undergraduate and graduate student body.
Experts in gift processing, prospect research, donor relations and stewardship support Idaho State’s team of dedicated fundraising professionals. The ISU Alumni Association is also an integral part of University Advancement, actively engaging and supporting current and future alumni in a lifelong relationship with Idaho State University.
ADVANCEMENT, PLANNING AND LEADERSHIP
- Serves on the President’s Leadership and Administrative Councils and oversees all fundraising and advancement programs.
- Generates creative approaches to initiate and guide the development of appropriate fundraising and advancement policies and strategic practices in support of the University’s fundraising priorities to achieve institutional goals.
- Works closely with and supports the President, trustees, deans, departments and other constituencies in their advancement activities and ensures coordination among all units.
- Manages engagement of prospects for major University priorities, providing research and strategy development.
- Participates in institution-wide strategic planning; identifies and assesses fundraising priorities; and effectively executes relevant programs, projects and initiatives.
- Inspires, leads, and develops a highly effective team of people to make successful and lasting contributions to the University’s mission and strategic plan.
- Directs the drafting and management of the division’s annual budget.
- Prepares the University for a comprehensive campaign by organizing, inspiring and preparing the development team and leading overall fundraising strategy, including annual giving and planned giving activities.
- Works collaboratively with the President, trustees, deans, department heads and internal advisory committees to plan and implement fundraising programs, initiatives, and strategies.
- Actively engages with and manages a portfolio of prospects, including personal cultivation, solicitation, closing gifts and ongoing stewardship.
- Represents the University in external affairs and events involving corporate and foundation representatives, trustees, alumni and friends of the University.
- Oversees and participates in the development of proposals and applications for funding from corporations, foundations and individuals, and provides appropriate stewardship and follow up, including the timely preparation and submission of reports.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed by the President.
- Works with the Alumni Director and team to devise and execute strategic plans for creating a network of advocates throughout the country and the world to increase engagement.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required plus a minimum of 10 years of advancement experience with substantial knowledge of higher education. Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and success in alumni, development and fundraising activities.
- Demonstrated history of leading, organizing and motivating a team.
- Demonstrated ability to be part of a collaborative leadership team committed to advancing the institutional mission and the strategic plan.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and ability to build relationships and interact positively with a culturally diverse population of students, faculty, staff, alumni and potential donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising technology and commitment to prospect management.
- Demonstrated integrity, good strategic judgment, self-motivation, goal orientation, and a high degree of initiative and creativity.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the values of public higher education.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to motivate an administrative team to produce expected outcomes.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
About the Institution:
Idaho State University (ISU) combines exceptional academics amidst the grand natural beauty of the West. ISU faculty and students are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions in the areas of energy, health professions, nuclear research, teaching, humanities, engineering, performing and visual arts, technology, biological sciences, pharmacy, and business. Its president Kevin Satterlee is bringing vision and excitement to ISU. His administration is one of passion, communication, and transparency for the benefit of not only the university but also its surrounding community. To read more, visit https://www.isu.edu/.
ISU, a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution founded in 1901, has a low student to teacher ratio of 14:1. As a state leader in the health sciences, ISU offers widespread health services to the community, as well as multiple degrees in more than 50 health-related areas, including nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy, speech pathology, and physician assistant studies. In addition to significant offerings in health sciences, ISU offers a wide array of graduate programs through colleges in business, education, technology, arts and letters, and science and engineering. Education at ISU is filled with real-world experience; the $2.3 million Career Path Internship program helps aid hundreds of students’ career goals by pairing students with paid on- and off-campus internships. In their spare time, students can choose from more than 70 student organizations, enjoy nature through the Outdoor Adventure Center, or drive to Craters of the Moon nature preserve or Yellowstone National Park. The Stephens Performing Arts Center on the ISU campus is nationally ranked as one of the most impressive performance venues on a university campus. It is home to the Idaho State Civic Symphony and is also host to numerous plays, concerts, recitals, and art performances.
As an NCAA Division 1 school, ISU competes in the Big Sky Conference offering robust athletic programs to students such as basketball, cross-country, tennis, track and field, volleyball, softball, football, golf, and soccer. Read more at https://isubengals.com/.
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; parties who apply by July 21, 2019 will be given first consideration. Please submit a PDF version of your complete curriculum vita/resume and a cover letter highlighting your interest in and qualifications for the position. To apply online, go to https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=su148
For more information or to offer recommendations or nominations:
Idaho State University is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
More search results
Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
San Diego State University
Vice President of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagem…
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Chief Information Officer, Information Technology…
Humboldt State University
Vice Chancellor of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
University of Denver
Provost/Executive Vice President for Academic Aff…
Metropolitan State University of Denver