Assistant Clinical Professor, Counseling – School Counseling / Clinical Mental Health Counseling – P
The Department of Educational Psychology (EPS) is seeking to fill two non-tenure-track positions, an Assistant Clinical Professor, Counseling – School Counseling, Lead Faculty position – and an Assistant Clinical Professor, Clinical Mental Health Counseling position at our Phoenix, North Valley campus beginning in August 2019. The positions are a 9-month non-tenure-track faculty position with an opportunity for summer course teaching. These positions are renewable, based upon effective performance, availability of funds, and program needs. The Department of Educational Psychology is located within the College of Education and offers a PhD in Combined Counseling/School Psychology, EdS in School Psychology, Master’s degrees in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Counseling-School Counseling, Counseling-Student Affairs, and Human Relations. The Department of Educational Psychology has statewide location that also offer accredited programs. For more information about the Department of Educational Psychology, visit: http://nau.edu/COE/Ed-Psych/.
1. Serve as Lead Faculty in the MEd Counseling – School Counseling program in Phoenix, Arizona – working collaboratively with EPS CACREP Program Coordinators in Phoenix, Tucson, and Flagstaff, AZ (for SC Lead Faculty position)
2. Teach graduate counseling classes (including practicum and internship) for the EPS programs, focusing on the CACREP accredited MEd Counseling – School Counseling and MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs
3. Teach in-person, with some blended or online courses to students in Flagstaff and to extended campus sites
4. Assist in recruiting, retaining, and advising counseling students
5. Fulfill service responsibilities to the program, department, college, and the profession
6. Work collaboratively with schools and agencies to coordinate practicum and internship experiences for counseling students
1. Earned Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision from an accredited CACREP program by date of hire – OR – meet CACREP criteria for Core Faculty
2. College teaching experience (can include college teaching as a graduate assistant)
3. Minimum of one year of experience in the field of School Counseling or Clinical Mental Health Counseling, with background/experience in schools or mental health agencies
4. Licensed/certified or eligible for licensure/certification as a Professional Counselor in Arizona and/or willing to seek licensure/certification as a Guidance Counselor or Professional Counselor in Arizona
To view the original post and to apply, proceed to nau.jobs, follow the 'Faculty and Administrator Openings' link, locate the vacancy, and then "Apply" at the bottom of the page. Please attach to your application: (1) a cover letter highlighting your interest in and particular qualifications for this position (please specify which position you are apply to); (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) copies of transcripts (originals will be required of the successful applicant); (4) a statement of teaching philosophy; (5) sample syllabi and teaching evaluations from one or two college courses; (6) names and contact information for three references. Reference letters should be sent under separate cover to EPS Administrative Assistant Hope DeMello at, Hope.DeMello@nau.edu Identify each attachment with your last name, first name and the vacancy number. The committee may request additional information at a later date. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the HR website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Annual Salary: $55,000 - $58,000 – Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.