Vice President for Enrollment Management
The University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) announces a global search and invites applications and nominations for the position of vice president for enrollment management.
UHV, a Hispanic-serving institution, is one of four separately accredited institutions in the University of Houston System. Located in the Coastal Bend region of Texas, UHV serves the educational needs, promotes the economic well-being and advances the quality of life of the community and region through teaching, research and service excellence. The university’s main campus is located in Victoria, with significant operations (focused on upper division and graduate programs) in the Western Houston suburb of Katy.
UHV offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees online and on-campus in Victoria and Katy. Recognized as a leader in distance delivery of instruction and services. UHV enrolled its first freshmen and sophomores in Fall 2010 and has continued to grow its presence in Victoria and Katy, while maintaining its commitment to online delivery. UHV currently enrolls 4,600 students: half of those students being online students, 1,500 on-campus students in Victoria and 900 on-campus students in Katy. With faculty at both campuses (Victoria and Katy), UHV has shown and continues to show commitment to access, outreach, collaboration and expansion of its programs and international involvement.
The vice president for enrollment management serves as the chief enrollment management officer, reporting directly to the president of UHV. The vice president for enrollment management is responsible for the leadership, management, strategic direction and administrative oversight for enhancing student access and enrollment services, for both the main campus in Victoria and the teaching campus in Katy. This person works closely with the other vice presidents and the deans of the academic schools to identify, explore, evaluate and coordinate enrollment and other student access and success initiatives. They also collaborate closely with the academic units and coordinators of graduate programs, the registrar, the Internationals Programs Office, student affairs and the staff in the marketing and communications department.
Preferred qualifications include the following:
- Master’s degree required; doctoral degree preferred;
- A record of progressive, administrative leadership experience with significant decision-making responsibilities in enrollment and/or student affairs related roles;
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with all levels of the institution, including experience developing joint student affairs and academic affairs programs and initiatives to advance a culture of student-centered service;
- Track record of experience in data-driven enrollment management operations that result in sustain growth in enrollment, diversity, academic quality and increased retention and graduate rates;
- Experience working with enrollment management software and consumer relationship management systems;
- Knowledge of enrollment management trends and best practices;
- Ability to use data and analytics to identify leading indicators of student enrollment, retention and success;
- Competence in utilizing data driven strategies at the institutional, division and unit levels to evaluate and assess learning programs and services focused on improvement;
- Track record of innovative funding initiatives and success managing and interpreting complex budgets;
- Ability to interact collaboratively with campus, system leadership, faculty, staff, students, community members and alumni;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, and effectively working in a multicultural community;
- Experience working in and establishing community college and K-12 partnerships;
- Knowledge and understanding of Education Advisory Board’s (EAB) Predictive Analytics; and
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Student Enterprise System.
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting the University of Houston-Victoria in the search. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. For best consideration, applications and nominations should be provided by June 21, 2019. A complete application will include a letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position’s duties, responsibilities and qualifications; an academic curriculum vitae, and contact information for at least five references. Submission of materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. All candidate information will be held in strict confidence until the final round of interviews.
Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should send an email with information about the nominated person to Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. Please include the name, position, telephone number and email address of the nominee.
Confidential inquiries, nomination and application materials should be directed to:
Joe Stanley or Alex Matthews
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Center Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, FL 32550
Phone: 850.650.2277 / Fax: 850.650.2272
For more information on the University of Houston-Victoria, visit https://www.uhv.edu/.
The University of Houston-Victoria is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.