- University of Idaho
- Moscow, ID
University of Idaho
Division/College: Provost (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $61,119 annually or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The purpose of the Instructional Design position is to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the university's online courses and programs by advising faculty, departments and colleges on best practices for online education, working directly with faculty to design and deliver significant learning experiences across instructional modalities. This position requires familiarity with higher education pedagogy; course and instructional design theories and practices; a command of new and emerging technologies including learning management systems; and an ability to work productively with a diverse array of faculty. The Instructional Designer will keep abreast of leading trends and innovations in higher education, continually developing and facilitating faculty training, workshops, and institutes. The Instructional Designer will develop tools to assess and enhance the effectiveness of online courses and programs specifically, and improve teaching, learning, and engagement in all modalities.
Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, online learning and pedagogy, educational technology, or related field plus two years of experience as an instructional designer/online learning specialist in an academic setting OR equivalent combination of related education and experiences totaling at least six years.
• Online course and program development, design, and assessment.
• Strategies to train and support faculty developing programs, courses, and instructional skills.
• Pedagogies and technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
• Course (re)design strategies.
• National quality standards and best practices related to online and on ground courses.
• Work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and academic leaders as well as forge strong and cordial working relationships.
• Communicate effectively.
• Prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Design, develop, and deliver dynamic workshops, seminars, and institutes.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate degree in instructional design, educational technology, online learning and pedagogy or related area, including traditional academic disciplines coupled with significant experience as an instructional designer/online learning specialist in a college or university setting.
• Three years’ experience working with faculty and staff in the design and delivery of courses at the college or university level.
• Knowledge of academic programs and curricula.
• University-level teaching and/or assessment experience.
• Instructional design software and computer programs used to develop and deliver professional quality media content.
• Curriculum mapping strategies and practices.
• Different Learning Management Systems.
• Inclusive, equity-minded instruction and accessibility standards.
• Design and delivery of online degree and certificate programs and courses.
• Developing assessment strategies for continuous improvement of programs and courses.
• Providing professional development programs and instructional support for college/university faculty.
• Good understanding of university policies and procedures.
Posting Number: SP002207P
Posting Date: 05/22/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicants please submit a cover letter addressing how you meet the required qualifications and any applicable preferred applications. Please also describe 3-5 signature accomplishments which align with the position requirements. First consideration date is June 26, 2019.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency