- University of Idaho
- Moscow, ID
University of Idaho
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $53,144.00 per year
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Participate in the efforts of the General Accounting staff, performing various professional accounting and administrative functions regarding the central operating funds of the University and related duties. Typical duties may include but are not restricted to: analyzing transactions for appropriateness and making corrections, researching and resolving questions and problems from departmental staff, preparing journal entries, preparing required federal and state financial reports, preparing fiscal monthly and year-end statements and schedules, using knowledge of GAAP, governmental regulations and University of Idaho procedures to make decisions concerning the proper allocation and expenditure of University funds.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a Bachelor’s degree in business.
- Two years of related work experience; developing and preparing financial documents; using a personal computer to develop, analyze, and report on financial data; analyzing financial activities and recommending management action.
- Experience applying accounting theory, principles, and practices.
- Experience using computerized accounting systems/ERPs and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to: prepare narrative and statistical reports, financial statements, projections and schedules.
- CPA, CMA, CGMA
- Considerable knowledge of: professional accounting theory, principles, practices, techniques and procedures; internal controls.
- Accounting experience in a university setting.
- Experience with Banner ERP, the UI financial process, governmental accounting.
- Experience using SQL programming language.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a variety of constituents.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002203P
Posting Date: 05/20/2019
Closing Date: 6/19/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency