Assistant Coordinator, Alternate Route to Certification-Early Child Education
- Charter Oak State College
- New Britain, CT
CHARTER OAK STATE COLLEGE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION OPENING
Position Title: Assistant Coordinator, Alternate Route to Certification-Early Child Education
Position Summary: The Assistant Coordinator will perform a full range of administrative support and advising activities, including data entry, report generation, mail and correspondence preparation and maintenance of candidate files for the Alternate Route to Certification candidates. The Assistant Coordinator will be required to communicate extensively with candidates as well as college staff and will assist in the transcript review process for ECE programs. In addition, the Assistant Coordinator will conduct evaluations of student practicums.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree required in early childhood. Experience working in child care center. Knowledge of early child education state and NAEYC requirements. Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with people of diverse backgrounds; competency in computer applications; ability to prioritize workflow. Ability to adjust to change as the needs of the early childhood programs evolve.
- Responds to phone and e-mail inquiries and provides information to prospective candidates regarding the program and the application process;
- Manages the application process and assist with the acceptance process including:
- Review of application for new candidates;
- Scheduling of Interviews;
- Communicating information to prospective candidates regarding their application status and how they meet or do not meet the requirements of the ARC programs, in writing and verbally; and
- Conduct candidate interviews.
- Assists students and faculty with acquisition of textbooks, if needed, and other course materials;
- Facilitates candidate access by coordinating with registrar's office, business office, other internal departments and external program sites as needed;
- Maintains candidate files;
- Reviews candidate’s work for edTPA;
- Ability to learn new program applications, I.e. ViaLivetext;
- Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, works with candidates on their preliminary enrollment process and follow up with any candidate problems;
- Conducts candidate observations throughout CT;
- Works a minimum of two Saturdays per month;
- Consolidates candidate assessments to report to CSDE;
- Maintains the standards of confidentiality as established by Charter Oak State College under HIPAA and FERPA; and
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by June 20, 2019 at www.charteroak.edu/AboutUs/Employment.
CHARTER OAK STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MEMBERS OF MINORITY GROUPS AND PROTECTED CLASSES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
More search results
Dean of the School of Nursing
University of Texas at El Paso
Dean of the College of Education and Human Servic…
Central Michigan University
DEAN, COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
Director, National Institute of Nursing Research
National Institute of Nursing Research
Charter Oak State College