Associate Dean and Director, Academic Advising Center
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Duties include extensive interpretation, implementation, and enforcement of College undergraduate academic policies and regulations. Participation in the academic standing review process as well as College policy committees. Responsibility for selected Dean’s office programs. Interaction with faculty, staff, students, and families; collaboration with other associate and assistant deans and university administrative offices; other duties as assigned by the Dean of the College.
The Associate Dean will also serve as Director of the Academic Advising Center. The Center has a professional staff that manages and supports academic departments and faculty advisors in helping students, particularly first-year and pre-major students, to develop broad-based programs of study that take full educational advantage of the widest possible range of University resources.
* Developing, implementing, and regularly assessing effective advising and academic planning processes for first-year and pre-major students.
* Recruiting, training, and assessing 150 faculty advisors who provide academic advising for first-year and pre-major students during summer orientation, in course-based advising, and other settings.
* Developing and directing outreach programs that describe advising goals and processes to parents and other university constituencies.
* Supervision of the Advising Center staff of 10 including two direct reports.
Department: 050401 - Academic Advising Center
Position: 00010351 - Associate Dean and Director, Academic Advising Center
Hiring range: $100,450-$125,550; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
* Ph.D. and/or other terminal or other professional degree required.
* 3-5 years' experience with academic advising, first-year programs, and academic advising administration.
* An understanding and appreciation of the Jesuit tradition in liberal arts education and in the development of the whole student, intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.