Project Support Specialist
(2 Specialist positions available, 1 requires bilingual Spanish)
Department: The Research Institute (TRI)
Recruitment #: S1923
Application Deadline: Review begins immediately. Position open until filled.
Western Oregon University’s offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates at any of the Oregon Public Universities for employee, spouse or dependent. http://www.wou.edu/hr/benefits/
Department / Center / Job Summary:
The Research Institute (TRI) houses four Centers focused on informing and facilitating change in educational and human service systems to improve the quality of life for all individuals. Funded through external grants and contracts, the Centers conduct programs of research, develop evidence-based interventions that are provided through technical assistance and professional development, and increase system capacity to effect change. TRI was established in 1961 at Western Oregon University (WOU) and has research partnerships throughout Oregon and the nation. http://triwou.org/
These positions participate as a member of a collaborative team working on the Spark/Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) project within TRI’s Center on Early Learning and Youth Development (CELYD). CELYD works to improve the quality of care and education available to all children and their families in order to promote optimal development and full inclusion in their family, community, and society. http://triwou.org/centers/overview/celyd
We have two (2) Early Learning Project Specialist positions available, one (1) which requires a proficiency in the Spanish language, the other has a preferred qualification of proficiency in Russian, Vietnamese or Chinese. These positions are grant funded and appointments are renewed through an annual Notice of Appointment, dependent upon satisfactory job performance, continuing project needs, and/or available funding.
The Center on Early Learning is dedicated to recruiting and hiring from a diverse pool of candidates. Candidates from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The purpose of these positions is to provide portfolio administration support, customer service, and stipend processing. These positions will be responsible for assisting with early learning program and administrative functions including meeting, training, and conference planning support. These positions cultivate equitable practices across all aspects of position duties and participate and engage in efforts to further develop and implement CELYD’s equity work plan and goals.
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes and emergent needs
- Demonstrated proficiency in using computer software (e.g. Microsoft Work/Excel and Design software, Google suite, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate and interact with partners and work team from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Demonstrated problem-solving and reasoning skills
- **Proficient oral and written communication skills in Spanish/English are required for the one available bilingual position. Please address this in your cover letter if you would like to be considered for the bilingual position.
- Professional experience working in an office environment
- Bicultural or multicultural
- AA, AS, BA, or BS degree
- Experience coordinating meeting and conferences
- Office management expertise
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in Russian, Chinese, or Vietnamese
- Experience with Spanish Speaking communities
- Experience in early learning, social services, non-profits, or related field
- Early Learning System experience or expertise
**A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- WOU Employment Application available at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. In addition, include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community
- Contact information for three references
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials to:
S1923, Project Support Specialist, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR fax to: 503-838-8144
Western Oregon University (WOU) is a mid-sized public comprehensive university located in the heart of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley. The university serves a large number of first-generation college students. WOU has received national recognition for its commitment and success in serving students. The campus is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state’s capital, about 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural hub, and a short drive from the Oregon coast, mountains, and other scenic areas. The university is located in an increasingly diverse, bilingual, and rural area in the Willamette Valley. Our student body of about 4800 undergraduate and 600 graduate students enjoys a vibrant and close-knit intellectual community.
Western Oregon University is an AA/EOE/Veteran/Disability employer and is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
More search results
Foundation Chief Financial Officer #604499
Northern Arizona University
Assistant Vice Chancellor of Environment, Health …
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Assistant Director, Diversity and Inclusion/ Sant…
California State University, San Bernardino
Associate Director Prospect Development
Associate Director of Development Farmer School o…