The Director will help advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University through its major gift program. Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over a 120 different fields of study. The College of Arts and Science is the oldest and largest college at Miami and has over 48% of the student body enrolled in its majors and 100% of Miami students will take one or more classes within the college. The College currently has over 82,000 living alumni.
- Will be a vital member of the College of Arts and Science development team and will work closely with the Senior Director to meet the fundraising priorities and strategic initiatives of the College
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Development in the development of the fundraising’s team efforts and strategies
- Engage with senior leadership of the College and University
- Serve as a resource for the Associate and Assistant Directors of the development team
- Serve as a liaison between the University Relations office and the College of Arts and Science.
- Effect solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends alone and with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers
- Develop and maintain a prospect pool focused primarily on $100,000 plus prospects.
- Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faulty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events
- Develop and implement assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for assigned prospects with the Office of Development staff, and university faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement.
Bachelor’s degree, 4 + years in development/fundraising experience or comparable work or educational experience; outstanding oral and written communication skills; excellent organization skills and attention to detail; a commitment to collaboration and teamwork, willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level and the ability to attend as scheduled evening and weekend events.
Experience asking for and closing major gifts for non-profits in an education setting.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
DEAN, THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
Executive Director of Alumni Affairs (Assoc. Admi…
CUNY Hunter College
Assistant Vice President of Communications & Mark…
CUNY Hunter College
Associate Dean and Director, Academic Advising Ce…
Dean of Admissions