Assistant/Associate Professor - Structures and Materials
Assistant/Associate Professor – Structures and Materials
(Final Rank/Title commensurate with credentials)
Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics
College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS)
University of Cincinnati
The Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics (AEEM) in the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Cincinnati, located in Cincinnati, Ohio invites applications for a tenure track position at the level of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in the area of Structures and Materials.
The Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics offers a fully ABET-accredited five-year B.S. degree in aerospace engineering with a mandatory coop program and M.S. and PhD degrees in both Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics. In addition, the Department has an Accelerated Engineering Degree (ACCEND) program where highly motivated students can get both B.S. and M.S. or B.S. and M.B.A. degrees in five years and a semester.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant or Associate Professor will be teaching selected aerospace engineering courses to CEAS undergraduate and/or graduate students at UC, including, but not limited to: Solid Mechanics, Aerospace Structures and Materials, Advanced Strength of Materials, Finite Element Method, and Nondestructive Testing.
As part of the teaching responsibilities, the Assistant Professor/Associate Professor will review and improve upon legacy lecture material, contribute to curriculum development, deliver lectures, and provide timely grading of materials and assistance to students through regular office hours. The Assistant/Associate Professor will also serve on Departmental Committees. The primary committees will be the Dissertation/Thesis committees for Ph.D. and Master’s level students. In addition, the Assistant/Associate Professor will also participate in one or more College-level committees, such as ASSET (Advancing Student Success in Engineering and Technology) or D&I (Diversity and Inclusion). The Department Head will also assign appointments on various Departmental committees such as Advising, Graduate, New Faculty Searches and others, as deemed necessary.
Research will also be an important component of the Assistant/Associate Professor’s efforts within AEEM. It is expected that the Assistant/Associate Professor will serve as PI (Principal and co-Principal Investigator) for research projects to develop/expand research and capabilities in the areas of designing, manufacturing, and testing of aerospace materials, components and structures. As part of the research responsibilities in this position, the Assistant/Associate Professor will also serve as an author and reviewer of related technical papers and reports.
- Candidates must have a Doctoral Degree in the field of Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering or a closely related field, prior to the effective date of the appointment.
- Candidates must also have at least two years of experience subsequent to the PhD in academia, government or industry in the area of Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering or a closely related field. In addition, candidates should have research expertise in one or more of the following focus areas (1) sensors and data processing, (2) nondestructive evaluation, and (3) structural health monitoring for aerospace or related applications as evidenced by authorship of peer-reviewed journal papers, conference presentations, or other signs of professional recognition.
- Candidates at the Associate Professor level must have at least two academic years of undergraduate- or graduate-level teaching experience in one or more of the above listed focus areas and at least four years of research experience in one or more of the above listed focus areas and a proportional research record.
Applicants must submit the following documents with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Name and address of three references
- Statement of Research conducted during and subsequent to PhD studies (two pages maximum)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy (and Experience, if applicable) (two pages maximum)
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
More search results
Southern Methodist University-Cox School of Business
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
Texas Christian University
University of California, Santa Barbara
Clinical Faculty in Healthcare Management
New York University
Associate Provost for Diversity and Faculty Devel…