Recruitment #: S1915
Application Deadline: Review begins June 1, 2019. Position open until filled.
Western Oregon University’s offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities. http://www.wou.edu/hr/benefits/
Department / Job Summary:
This is a regular, 12-month, full-time, unclassified position that serves the entire university. This position has a reporting structure to the President and the Board of Trustees, and works collaboratively with the University Cabinet, Vice President for Finance and Administration & CFO, Controller, and other staff as designated by the President, including assessment and assignment of projects and for consultation and direction on assignments and key accountabilities. http://www.wou.edu/board/
Western Oregon University is establishing a Senior Internal Auditor position to develop and perform comprehensive financial, operational and compliance audits to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the University’s internal controls.
This position serves as the primary coordinator for implementation of the compliance and ethics program including oversight of the compliance and ethics hotline. The successful candidate will perform financial, compliance, IT, and operational internal audits including planning and development of audit programs. This position is responsible for performing audit testing and identifying appropriate controls and key business risks: evaluating the adequacy of the controls designed to manage those risks; discussing strengths and opportunities for improvement with management and developing recommendations for improvement. This position will also assist the Controller and Vice President of Financial Affairs with the annual audit process so that time is efficiently used, deadlines and budgets are met, and departmental quality assurance standards are maintained.
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in auditing OR
- Minimum of 3 years of external auditing experience and professional certifications (e.g. CIA, CPA, CMA)
- Experience and familiarity with working with diverse populations.Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, to interact effectively and professionally with faculty, staff and the public
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain positive team relationships by demonstrating and supporting initiative, willingness to learn, flexibility, respect, cooperation and commitment to the success of the Internal Audit Department
- Works well under pressure, excellent time management and organization skills
- Master’s degree
- Professional experience in a higher education environment
- CPA, CMA, or CIA
**A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- WOU Employment Application available at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community
- Contact information for three references
- Copy of unofficial transcripts for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials to:
S1915, Internal Auditor, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR E-mail to email@example.com; OR fax to: 503-838-8144
Western Oregon University (WOU) is a mid-sized public comprehensive university located in the heart of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley. The university serves a large number of first-generation college students. WOU has received national recognition for its commitment and success in serving students. The campus is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state’s capital, about 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural hub, and a short drive from the Oregon coast, mountains, and other scenic areas. The university is located in an increasingly diverse, bilingual, and rural area in the Willamette Valley. Our student body of about 4800 undergraduate and 600 graduate students enjoys a vibrant and close-knit intellectual community.
Western Oregon University is an AA/EOE/Veteran/Disability employer and is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.