Vice Provost for Academic Resources
- San Francisco State University
- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco State University, is recruiting a Vice Provost for Academic Resources to join their team.
SF State is a large, comprehensive, urban university located in a vibrant and beautiful city with a rich intellectual and cultural life. The University has distinguished itself as an active center of academic scholarship, creative innovation, and civic involvement. Through its six academic Colleges, SF State offers undergraduate and graduate instruction for professional and technical careers as well as a broad liberal arts education. SF State is a culturally diverse campus that is part of the 23-campus California State University system.
ABOUT ACADEMIC RESOURCES. Academic Resources provides fiscal oversight and services to the Academic Affairs division under the direction of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The office is primarily responsible for overseeing fiscal administration and financial planning for SF State’s seven colleges (Business, Ethnic Studies, Extended Learning, Graduate Education, Health & Social Sciences, Liberal & Creative Arts, and Science & Engineering), as well as for the University Library, the Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning, the Division of Graduate Studies, Faculty Affairs and Professional Development, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, and the Academic Senate. Academic Resources is also responsible for the production and oversight of the class schedule and academic space management. Working closely with all colleges and academic units on financial and resource issues, Academic Resources provides quality service and accountability to faculty, staff and students in support of the university mission.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Vice Provost for Academic Resources is responsible for fiscal and physical resources that support the university’s academic mission, including budget planning and administration, curriculum planning, enrollment forecasting and coordination, classroom utilization and maintenance, and special projects as assigned by the Provost. The Vice Provost for Academic Resources provides counsel and advice to the Provost and academic councils on fiscal and resource planning, institutional trends, and enrollment. Focusing on student success and the needs of the curriculum, the Vice Provost for Academic Resources works closely with the Colleges to assist in scheduling, space, and budgetary matters. The incumbent supports informed decision-making for the allocation of academic resources, including classroom and office space, and the alignment of budget to promote student and faculty success. The Vice Provost Top of Formworks collaboratively with the Division for Administration and Finance to improve processes and realize efficiencies.
- Commitment to academic mission of educational excellence and equity and student success.
- Broad-based knowledge and diverse background in financial management and leadership.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic and business planning, with a successful record of accomplishment in managing higher education budgets utilizing university financial systems and infrastructures.
- Successful experience in organizational leadership and management, with a proven record of accomplishment in developing an effective and efficient team.
- Experience in improving business processes and efficiency as an entrepreneurial and innovative leader who thinks creatively about financial solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with deans, administrators, faculty, staff, and students as applicable, as well as with the community at large, using effective communication, strategic planning, and collaboration across departments and divisions in the university.
- Understanding of enrollment management and student success within the context of a highly diverse campus community.
- Ability to oversee a major university unit on a daily basis.
- Demonstration of knowledge, skills, and abilities specified above, through successful administrative experience in higher education, especially in Academic Affairs and its diverse fiscal processes
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex financial portfolio within, or comparable to that of, a large university.
- History of effectively overseeing a major university unit that includes successful personnel management and strategic planning.
- Excellent working knowledge of the legal, regulatory, administrative, and compliance policies relevant to public higher education.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A liberal benefits package is provided and the position is included in the California State University Management Plan. The salary for this position is competitive, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY. Send 1) cover letter; 2) curriculum vitae/resume; 3) list of three references to:
Co-Chairs, Vice Provost for Academic Resources Search Committee
c/o Office of the Provost and VP for Academic Affairs
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue ADM 455
San Francisco, CA 94132-4111
or send electronic applications to: email@example.com
SF State is Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology
The University of Tampa
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Veteri…
VICE PROVOST FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (HS Clin, …
University of California, San Diego
University of Nevada, Reno - Department of Philosophy