Allergic Rhinitis faculty position
The Department of Internal Medicine is seeking a specialist in Allergy/Immunology at the rank of Associate (non-track), Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor on either the tenure or clinical track. The candidate will focus on building an outpatient Allergic Rhinitis practice and serve as an educator to medical students, residents, and fellows. Clinical duties will include an Allergic Rhinitis practice and inpatient consultation services at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and the Iowa City Veterans Affairs Health Care System. The Division enjoys a strong national reputation of excellence in research, patient care, and teaching.
- Must hold MD/DO Degree or equivalent.
- Board certified/eligible in Allergy/Immunology.
- Board certified/eligible in Internal Medicine.
- Experience in rhinitis/sinusitis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, urticaria, angioedema, anaphylaxis, adverse drug reactions (diagnosis, supervised drug challenge and densensitization), food allergy (diagnosis & supervised food challenges), mast cell disorders, eosinophilic disorders, primary immunodeficiency disorders, auto-inflammatory disorders, use of immunomodulatory therapies.
- Strong oral and written communication/interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and interpersonal strengths in relationships with colleagues, staff, and patients.
- Ability to develop and implement new clinical programs.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in basic, translational, or clinical research
- Demonstrated experience in teaching medical students, resident, and fellows and/or related scholarly activity.
- High levels of creativity with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
For more information contact:
Scott Vogelgesang, M.D.
Professor & Director
Division of Immunology
Department of Internal Medicine
Please visit us on the web at: http://www.medicine.uiowa.edu
To apply for this position, please visit The University of Iowa website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for requisition number 73638
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology
The University of Tampa
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Veteri…
VICE PROVOST FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (HS Clin, …
University of California, San Diego
University of Nevada, Reno - Department of Philosophy