Associate Director, Clinical Education (20009B)
- University of Utah
- Salt Lake City
- $47,600 to $90,400
Develops and implements policies, programs and financial objectives of the Clinical Program at the SJ Quinney College of Law. This position will work closely with the Director of Clinical Programs to administer the field placement component of the College of Law’s clinical and experiential learning curriculum.
The College of Law offers two main types of experiential learning courses: (1) in-house clinics (faculty supervise students and teach the classroom component) and (2) field placements (supervisors are lawyers in the community and faculty teach the classroom component). This position will have primary responsibility for administering the field placement component of the clinical program. Field placements are commonly also called “externships.”
This position will study existing field placement offerings, identify new offerings, and continually refine and grow the field placement program in response to student needs, curricular requirements, and evolution in the legal job market. In collaboration with the Director of Clinical Programs, this position will be responsible for ensuring clinical field placements comply with ABA standards, are consistent with the College of Law’s curriculum and academic policies, and provide the best possible learning experience for the students.
Soft deadline for first round consideration of applicants is Friday, April 22, 2019.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN20009B - 00096 - College of Law - Dean
COMPENSATION: $47,600 to $90,400
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Day;
1. Develops and implements customer service, staff management, and financial objectives for the field placement component of the College of Law’s Clinical Program consistent with the University’s goals and objectives including creating, refining, and maintaining field placement opportunities.
2. Manages departments’ budgets, estimates budgetary requirements for special projects and oversees purchases and inventory for current field placements and the creation of new field placements in specific practice areas.
3. Implements and administers new and existing clinical placements for students. Evaluates program effectiveness. May carry out and implement logistic plans and procedures to ensure that internal university and external entities’ needs are met by reviewing and guiding student work experiences.
4. Assumes authority and performs functions of the department director in his/her absence.
5. Participates in the development and interpretation of department and curricular polices to ensure the clinical program complies with University, College of Law, and ABA standards.
6. Establishes internal objectives and implements procedures to meet goals. Assists in setting department short and long-term goals.
7. Oversees department staff management including recruitment, performance evaluations and retention of staff.
8. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing customer complaints, concerns and suggestions. Provides appropriate follow through to ensure quality customer service.
9. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative relationships with the community and other institutions to achieve appropriate field placements. This includes, but is not limited to, developing and maintaining relationships with public and private sector employers and judges.
10. Authorizes the purchase and implementation of new technology, resources and equipment to support the clinical program.
11. Serves as part of the department management team and collaborates with staff, faculty and administration on the development, management and promotion of clinical and associated programs.
12. Has regular contact with students, with possibility of curricular development responsibilities and adjunct teaching appointment.
13. Participation in the national experiential legal education community, including attendance at clinical and field placement conferences.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, a related area, or equivalency required; plus six years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communication skills also required. Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area preferred. This position is not responsible for providing patient care. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Due to the nature of this position, strong preference will be given to applicants with a Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school that are also a member of the Utah bar or another state bar and have at least five years of experience as a practicing attorney.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE THROUGH THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH SYSTEM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/90313
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 553,581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Director, A.J. Drexel Autism Institute
VICE PRESIDENT FOR DEVELOPMENT and PRESIDENT OF …
Assistant Professor of Practice (non-tenure track…
Northern Arizona University School of Art
Admissions Assistant Director
Michigan State University-Honors College
Vice Provost for Academic Resources
San Francisco State University