- University of South Florida
- Tampa, Florida
Job ID: 20445
Location: USF Health
Department Number/Name: 0-6419-000 (PH Interdisciplinary Research and Education)
College/Division: College of Public Health
Salary Plan: Faculty
Job Code/Title: 9001 Professor
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: Negotiable
Position Number: 000013077
USF Health's mission is to envision and implement the future of health. It is the partnership of the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, the College of Nursing, the College of Public Health, the College of Pharmacy, the School of Biomedical Sciences and the School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences; and the USF Physician’s Group. USF is a global research university ranked 34th in federal research expenditures for public universities.
The University of South Florida System—which includes three, separately accredited institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota- Manatee—is the academic home of more than 50,000 students. A global research university, USF is ranked in the top 30 nationally for research expenditures among public universities, according to the National Science Foundation. In fiscal year 2018, the university was awarded over $500 million in contracts and grants.
Part of USF Health, the USF College of Public Health was founded in 1984 as the first college of public health in Florida and consists of a multidisciplinary faculty of 84 scholars, professionals and leaders serving the educational needs of more than 1,500 students in bachelors, master’s and doctoral degree programs. COPH is organized into four Strategic Areas, Global and Planetary Health; Interdisciplinary Science and Practice; Policy, Practice and Leadership; and, Population Health Science. Our faculty select their strategic area of interest and are encouraged to engage in research and teaching with faculty from all disciplines within their Strategic Area of emphasis and across the college. We are transforming curricula and degree programs at all levels; we are engaging in translational research and the translation of that research to practice; and we are committed to public health workforce and systems development, locally and around the world. We enjoy active collaborative relationships with our colleagues across the USF Health colleges and the University. See the COPH website at http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/ to learn more about our dynamic and innovative faculty and College.
USF Tampa is located in a dynamic and growing metropolitan area of nearly three million residents and offers a wide-range of cultural, artistic, athletic and recreational activities, excellent public schools, close proximity to Gulf of Mexico beaches, and an affordable cost of living.
Tenure Earning Faculty Positions – Public Health Epidemiology/ Full Professor
Seeking to accelerate our vision to be the exemplar catalyst for innovation and advancement of the profession of public health, locally and globally, the University of South Florida College of Public Health invites applications for two tenure earning faculty positions at the rank of Associate or Full Professor in Public Health Epidemiology.
This is a special opportunity to join a dynamic faculty actively engaged in shaping the future of public health through innovative curricula, transformational research and community partnerships designed to create positive collective impact on health.
- Doctoral degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or a closely related field.
- Compelling evidence of significant achievement among peers in one’s discipline or professional field at the national or international level.
- National and/or international record of excellence in epidemiological related independent and/or collaborative research and/or creative scholarly work, supported by substantial and sustained publications or their equivalent.
- Record of excellence in teaching, including a clearly defined teaching philosophy and a record of participation on and as major professor for thesis and/or dissertation committees for master’s and doctoral candidates.
- Record of substantial contribution of service to the University and to the field, profession and community as appropriate to the mission and goals of the College and/or University.
- Record of collegiality and participation as a citizen of the University or workplace.
- Demonstrated epidemiological experience in data analytics.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited institution or the highest degree appropriate in the field of specialization with a demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service. Normally will have produced creative work, professional writing or research in refereed and other professional journals, and be a recognized authority in the field of specialization. Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Professor.
- Relevant experience in practical applications of epidemiology to the field of practice.
- Established record of leadership in obtaining epidemiological related extramural research funding through competitive processes, with past or current principal investigator status on national level research grants.
- Evidence of translating research to practice.
- Evidence of innovation in teaching in the classroom and on-line, curriculum development, mentoring and supervising graduate students.
- Experience in teaching graduate courses.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated record of leadership in community or professional organizations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in state-of-the-art epidemiological methods in data analytics including those referred to as “big data”, “omics”, “data mining” and/or “machine learning”.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level #1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 20445
Posting Date: 03/28/2019
Posting End Date: Position will remain open until September 27, 2019. Review of applications will begin May 1, 2019.
Salary & Benefits: Nationally competitive salary with excellent benefits.
How To Apply
Candidates must complete an online application to be considered for this position. Please visit www.usf.edu and access “Work at USF” and then click on Access Careers@USF and search for Position #00013077. Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing the advertised qualifications, a CV and the names of three references. References will not be contacted without notifying applicants in advance.
According to Florida law, search records, including applications and search committee meetings, are open to the public. USF is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Equal Access institution. Applicants who need disability accommodations in order to participate in the selection process should notify Sheri Lee Shakes at (813) 974-6494 or TDD (813) 974-1758 at least five working days in advance of need.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
The University of South Florida System is a high-impact, global research system dedicated to student success. The USF System includes three institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota-Manatee. The institutions are separately accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. All institutions have distinct missions and their own detailed strategic plans. Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees in the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
More search results
General Nephrology and Transplant Nephrology
University of Iowa
Visiting Assistant Professor in Quantitative Meth…
Visiting Assistant or Associate Professor in Mark…
Maine Business School
Vice Provost for Internationalization
Greenwood/Asher & Associates
Copy of Faculty Positions for STEM University - M…
Florida Polytechnic University