This is a professional staff position with The Next Generation Learning Initiatives, a division of the University Center for Teaching and Learning.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who has a combination of skills in instructional design, instructional technology, faculty development, and project management. As a Next Generation Instructional Designer, you will consult with faculty about the course design and development of materials for online delivery, and build online courses on the Blackboard, Canvas, and/or Coursera learning management system platforms. The work will span all aspects of online learning design and development.
The incumbent will:
- Analyze current online teaching practices and provide recommendations for the improvement of teaching methods/strategies and assessment of student achievement
- Work closely with Pitt faculty and advise them on effective online teaching practices
- Create course development plans as well as selected course materials
- Be involved in selecting appropriate technologies for course development and delivery and provide technical consultation on the selection of appropriate technologies
- Coordinate the work of others, including multi-media specialists, to build online courses
The incumbent should be someone who is excited about and has spent time researching and applying new technologies to the learning process. If you are passionate about teaching and learning and want to partner with faculty in a professional staff position, please apply. The staff in our center enjoy what we do, are highly-motivated and are eager to welcome new colleagues to Pitt.
PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, and FBI Criminal Record Check will be required as a condition of employment.
Master’s Degree in instructional design or a closely related field. Knowledge of learning theory and its application to teaching in higher education. Knowledge of teaching methods/strategies for online and hybrid courses in higher education. Knowledge of how instructional technologies can be used effectively for online learning. Working knowledge of audio and video capture and editing. Minimum of five years’ experience in teaching (preferably online), designing instruction, and/or developing curriculum for adult learners.
More search results
Clinical Faculty in Healthcare Management
New York University
Associate Provost for Diversity and Faculty Devel…
Assistant Professor Educator, Engineering Educati…
University of Cincinnati
Assistant Professor of Marketing
Maine Business School
Assistant to Associate Professor in Plant Patholo…
Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management at Colorado State University