Manager, Marketing Analytics
- University of Denver
- Denver, CO
The Division of Marketing & Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus, purposefully fulfilling partners goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University’s brand and optimizes the University’s reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner. In words, in pictures, online and in the news media, the Division of Marketing & Communications shares the many stories of how DU and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University’s strategies. The team specializes in brand management, strategic communication, community engagement, media relations, digital and social media strategy, website development, content training and strategy, print and online publications, and videography and photography.
The Manager of Marketing Analytics provides leadership, guidance, and supervision for the Universitys overall marketing and business intelligence initiatives. The Manager works with others in MarComm and across the University to establish strategic plans and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure effective data allowing us to leverage and optimize our CMS, CRM and marketing automation platforms. Our ideal candidate should be highly experienced in dealing with big data to create insightful, comprehensive, easy to understand and actionable reports. They will need the ability to automate, develop processes and procedures to create efficiencies for overall marketing analytics reports and databases. The ideal candidate will have experience with benchmarking customer activities and performance across business and academic units, channels, digital marketing campaigns and initiatives. The Manager of Marketing Analytics will need the ability to work with minimal guidance to develop rational approaches and solve analytical problems. Key to success will be leveraging strong communication skills to partner with multiple layers of the organization. Strong Google Analytics knowledge and Excel data modelling skills are required. Intermediate Tableau is preferred.
- Create insightful, comprehensive, easy to understand and actionable reports on ad hoc and recurring basis.
- Develop and design foundational reports and dashboards to serve strategic needs for end users.
- Prepare, maintain, analyze, and distribute recurring and ad hoc reporting/analysis.
- Provide analysis to evaluate/validate marketing strategy and initiative performance against target and other benchmarks.
- Provide recommendations on KPIs needed for reports and analysis.
- Evaluate KPIs in context of business goals and build actionable dashboards, reports and alerts around them. Identify reporting gaps and develop solutions to close them.
- Collaborate with other business units to reconcile different approaches and drive common understanding.
- Works independently to come up with rational and defendable approaches to solve analytical problems.
- Have experience in taking analysis outputs and turning it into executable, actionable plans for process improvement.
- Trains others throughout the organization in using key analytical and forecasting tools and statistical analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and an appreciation for various user needs within an academic environment.
- Demonstrated success in advanced data modeling and analysis techniques.
- Solid understanding of data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboard and performance metrics in supporting key business decisions.
- Strategic thinker; able to apply the current analytics landscape to the Universitys needs.
- Must have creativity to come up with logical approach to solve new analytical problems, and communication skills to explain/defend the recommendations.
- Ability to be resourceful, flexible, and a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are necessary to interface effectively with management, co-workers and various other internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal teams, contractors, vendors and consultants.
- Ability to set, manage, and ensure teams meet deadlines.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent collaborator.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with technical and non-technical colleagues to successfully execute projects.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience; or training and certification in military setting.
- 6+ years of experience in Analytics, specifically modeling and analyzing consumer behavior using state of the art techniques and systems.
- Must be expert in building Analytical Models in Excel and managing large datasets.
- Must have solid experience writing queries against large databases including ability to write: subqueries, join tables, case statements, cast data types and other functions.
- Needs strong influencing skills and ability to work in matrixed environment.
- Intermediate Tableau skill.
- Knowledge of different CRMs/MAs platforms as well as Drupal CMS skills.
- Master’s degree.
- Google Analytics Certification.
- Higher Education experience.
- Process improvement experience.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Monday, April 15, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
More search results
TenTenure-Track Faculty - Strategic Management
College of Business Administration - CSU, Sacramento
Dean of the School of Business
St. Catherine University
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream
Dept.of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Assistant Professor of Economics and Public Servi…
NYU Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service