Senior Database Administrator
The University of Pittsburgh's Computing Services and Systems Development (CSSD) department is seeking a Database Administrator.
This senior level technical position is responsible for the administration, design, and development of Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL database environments to support third-party vendor applications as well as in-house developed applications.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Regular maintenance of SQL Server and MySQL database environments including backup, recovery, and disaster recovery planning.
- Analyze and determine physical and logical database architecture based on project requirements
- Design/maintain stored procedures, reports and SQL Server integration packages
- Recommend and implement process and data architecture improvement changes
- Migration of existing SQL Server and MySQL environments to newer versions when applicable
Applicants must provide three work-related references as well as include their complete employment and salary history on their application. Applicants should include salary requirements in cover letter.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience as a production Microsoft SQL Server Administrator/Developer/Analyst with experience in SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2014. MySQL qualifications include a minimum of 2 years hands-on production experience as a MySQL database administrator with experience in multiple versions of MySQL. Experience with SQL Server and MySQL clustering technologies required. MySQL and SQL Server certifications along with knowledge of Oracle and Hadoop database technology a plus. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with customers on a daily basis.
More search results
TenTenure-Track Faculty - Strategic Management
College of Business Administration - CSU, Sacramento
Dean of the School of Business
St. Catherine University
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream
Dept.of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Assistant Professor of Economics and Public Servi…
NYU Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service