Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Albany State University
- Albany, GA
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
Albany State University
Albany State University is seeking a Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost to assist with advancing the institution's new mission, goals, and objectives while impacting its scope of influence throughout the state of Georgia and the nation. The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost (Provost) reports to the President and is the Chief Academic Officer for the University. This senior academic administrator acts on behalf of the president in her absence. The Provost will lead the academic mission of the university and its three colleges at an exciting time of growth and innovation at Albany State University. The provost will support the academic programs, providing leadership to faculty and academic staff to ensure consistent quality standards in curriculum and programs that meet the needs of the students. The Provost is responsible for the comprehensive strategic and operational direction and supervision of all academic areas, programs, and personnel in the Division of Academic Affairs. This is a unique opportunity that will help to shape and define the long term strategy, brand, and identity of the university’s academic culture.
Qualified candidates will have an earned doctorate from an accredited university in the candidate's academic or professional field and a minimum of five years of administrative leadership experience at the level of Dean or higher. An exemplary record of scholarship sufficient to qualify for tenure at the rank of full professor in one of the departments at the University is required.
The Provost must have the ability to be strategic, mission focused and intentional about student success needs. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential. Other requirements include strong skills in management of financial and human resources as well as the ability to make strategic budgetary and operational decisions that maximize resources. This administrator will have demonstrated a high level of integrity, and a leadership style that evokes trust, confidence, and embraces transparency.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess of the following capabilities and attributes:
- An appreciation, gained through direct experience or collaborative partnership, of current and future trends in student retention, persistence and graduation;
- Demonstrated commitment to building a student-centered university model focused on enhancing the overall student experience and success;
- Provide leadership in matters of academic policy and administration;
- Encourage and support research, grant-writing, publishing and other scholarly activities of the faculty;
- Demonstrated experience with academic planning, including program development and innovation, strategic planning, enrollment, and financial management;
- Experience with multiple forms of course delivery, including traditional coursework, as well as online learning and blended models;
- Demonstrated commitment to shared governance;
- Ensuring continuous review of academic programs to ensure quality and current course content are in alignment with stated outcomes;
- Leading continuous improvement in all aspects of academic affairs;
- Demonstrated leadership skills to fulfill the unique mission of educating students within the culture of a blended mission that includes underserved students ready for a challenging education in a university setting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to manage a complex and dynamic academic organization;
- A thorough understanding of budgets and finances and a demonstrated ability to manage budgets particularly in times of economic restraint;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and deadlines;
- Demonstrated desire to develop a robust online college within the University bydeveloping and implementing high quality online degrees;
- Proven commitment to diversity and supporting an inclusive environment that engages students, faculty, and staff across the campus and in the community;
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality, valuing and practicing consultative and collaborative decision-making processes;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated record of impact through decisions and/or initiatives that have resulted in a heightened and sustained level of student admissions, retention, and success;
- Demonstrated record of attracting, recruiting, and retaining traditional and non-traditional students;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead large scale culture building successfully within an institution of higher learning;
- Demonstrated experience in forging positive and productive relationships with faculty;
- Demonstrated commitment to community development and outreach; and
- Demonstrated commitment and interest in promoting and supporting institutional fundraising and partnerships to identify funding priorities for Academic Affairs.
Albany State University has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to assist in this search. Please submit applications, expressions of interest, and nominations to Beth Schaeffer and Josyanne Roche here. For a full position profile, please click here.
Albany State University is committed to insuring equal opportunity to all students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, physical or mental disabilities, or sexual orientation. It is the policy of Albany State University to comply with all federal laws, including the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 (Title II), Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, and all subsequent amendments and implementing regulations which prohibit discrimination as above described. In accordance with the requirements above, Albany State University affirmatively states that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability or national origin in its employment and/or educational programs and activities.
More search results
TenTenure-Track Faculty - Strategic Management
College of Business Administration - CSU, Sacramento
Dean of the School of Business
St. Catherine University
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream
Dept.of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Assistant Professor of Economics and Public Servi…
NYU Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service