Assistant Clinical Professor, Counseling – Phoenix, AZ #604196
The Department of Educational Psychology (EPS) is seeking to fill an Assistant Clinical Professor, Counseling – School Counseling, Lead Faculty position at our Phoenix, North Valley campus beginning in August 2019. The position is a 9-month non-tenure-track faculty position with an opportunity for summer course teaching. This position is renewable, based upon effective performance, availability of funds, and program needs.
- Serve as Lead Faculty in the MEd Counseling – School Counseling program in Phoenix, Arizona – working collaboratively with EPS CACREP Program Coordinators in Phoenix, Tucson, and Flagstaff, AZ
- Teach graduate counseling classes (including practicum and internship) for the EPS programs, focusing on the CACREP accredited MEd Counseling – School Counseling and MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs
- Teach in-person, with some blended or online courses to students in Flagstaff and to extended campus sites
- Assist in recruiting, retaining, and advising counseling students
- Fulfill service responsibilities to the program, department, college, and the profession
- Work collaboratively with schools and agencies to coordinate practicum and internship experiences for counseling students
1. Earned Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision from an accredited CACREP program by date of hire – OR – meet CACREP criteria for Core Faculty 2. College teaching experience (can include college teaching as a graduate assistant) 3. Minimum of one year of experience in the field of School Counseling or Clinical Mental Health Counseling, with background/experience in schools or mental health agencies 4. Licensed/certified or eligible for licensure/certification as a Professional Counselor in Arizona and/or willing to seek licensure/certification as a Guidance Counselor in Arizona
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button at the end of the job description if viewing this position through the NAU HR website. Otherwise, to view the original post and to apply, proceed to nau.jobs, follow the 'Faculty and Administrator Openings' link, locate vacancy 604196, and then "Apply" at the bottom of the page. Please attach to your application: (1) a cover letter highlighting your interest in and particular qualifications for this position; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) copies of transcripts (originals will be required of the successful applicant); (4) a statement of teaching philosophy; (5) sample syllabi and teaching evaluations from one or two college courses; (6) names and contact information for three references. Reference letters should be sent under separate cover to EPS Administrative Assistant Hope DeMello at, Hope.DeMello@nau.edu Identify each attachment with your last name, first name and the vacancy number. The committee may request additional information at a later date. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the HR website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
$56,000 - $58,000 – Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Dean, Liberal Arts - South Campus
San Jacinto College
Faculty (Open Rank) and Director of Training PsyD…
Austin Peay State University
Assistant Professor of Business Analytics (tenure…
Assistant Professor of Information Systems (tenur…
Assistant or Associate Professor of Communication…
University of Southern California