Assistant VP, Student Health & Wellness
- University of Houston
- Houston, TX
Assistant VP, Student Health & Wellness
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor/Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Services. The Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs - Health and Wellness develops student programs, supports student life, promotes student learning regarding health and wellness and contributes to the university goal of creating an environment that fosters student success. The Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs is a member of the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Services executive and senior leadership teams and has direct leadership and management oversight for the Student Health Center, Counseling and Psychological Services, UH Wellness, Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, Center for Students with Disabilities, and Cougars in Recovery.
- leadership, strategic vision, organization and administrative oversight of campus-wide programs, services, and operations designed to facilitate and support the personal, academic, and co-curricular development of a highly diverse student population in the areas of health and wellness through the effective management and supervision of the following units: Student Health Center, Counseling and Psychological Services, UH Wellness, Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, Center for Students with Disabilities, and Cougars in Recovery.
- and oversees all strategic planning and assessment efforts for the units within the health and wellness area of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services to ensure direct correlation to student success objectives and student learning regarding health and wellness.
- systems and processes to ensure effective and efficient delivery of health and wellness related services to the campus community. These services include medical care, psychological and mental health, alcohol and substance abuse education, physical wellbeing, and disability accommodations. Oversees the administration and management of the student health insurance program.
- organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market and technological demands.
- collaborative relationships and partnerships with academic affairs, administration and finance, university departments, student organizations, community members, and other stakeholders regarding health and wellness initiatives for students, faculty, and staff.
- a keen understanding of business operations and organizational systems, processes, departments, and functions that enhance desired outcomes. Coordinates and collaborates with the unit directors and the Business Services Division Administrator to develop budgets, monitor expenditures, and ensure effective stewardship of finances and resources.
- management support to unit directors and other staff regarding facilities management and facilities construction.
- as an ex-officio member of the Health Center Advisory Board and the Campus Recreation Advisory Board. Serves as a member of other university committees as assigned.
- other job-related duties as required.
Master’s Degree Required.
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree required
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates must complete the on-line application. Posting number STA004291. All UH positions can be found on our website at https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection. Candidates must include a resume, cover letter, and a list of references with names and contact information in addition to the on-line application. Review of applications will begin on April 12, 2019.
The University of Houston strives to be an employer of choice by offering a full range of benefits to our full-time staff members. Tuition scholarships, a retirement plan, dental and full medical coverage are only a few of the benefits offered to employees at the University of Houston. From our award winning faculty to our active student body, UH offers the most diverse research university in the country.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
More search results
Cal State San Marcos
Chair, Department of Statistics
University of Washington
Vice Dean for Administration, School of Arts and …
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Associate or Full Professor, (HS Clinical, Clinic…
University of California, San Diego
Director, Office for Research Development