Associate Director, Margo Souza Leadership Center
The University of California, Merced, is the newest of the University of California system's 10 campuses and the first American research university built in the 21st century. With nearly 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students, UC Merced offers an environment that combines a commitment to diversity, inclusion, collaboration and professional development. With bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, strong research and academic partnerships, and community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving and requires talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff.
Ranked among the best public universities in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, UC Merced is uniquely equipped to provide educational opportunities highly qualified students from the San Joaquin Valley and throughout California. The campus enjoys a special connection with nearby Yosemite National Park, is on the cutting edge of sustainability in construction and design, and supports the economic development of Merced and the region.
In Fall 2016, UC Merced broke ground on a $1.3 billion public-private partnership that is unprecedented in higher education. The Merced 2020 Project will nearly double the physical capacity of the campus by 2020, enhancing academic distinction, student success and research excellence. In 2018, UC Merced opened the Downtown Campus Center, a $33 million, three-story administrative building located in the heart of Merced.
The Office of Leadership, Service and Career is charged with providing an engaging, educational, and involved co-curricular experience for UC Merced students to grow personally and professionally. The Associate Director of the Margo F. Souza Leadership Center supports this mission by working as a key member of the Office of Leadership, Service and Career (LSC) leadership team to manage the day-to-day operations, programs, and long-range planning for all student leadership programs, facilities, and initiatives. This position is accountable for the designing, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of student leadership development and engagement programs. The Associate Director assesses individual and organizational leadership development and engagement needs and evaluates/measures program effectiveness. This position partners and collaborates with a variety of stakeholders both on and offcampus in order to nurture and expand partnerships, programs, and opportunities that will serve undergraduate and graduate students leadership development activities. The Associate Director will serve as an expert by consulting, coaching, and identifying leadership training and engagement opportunities.
The Associate Director provides vision of the nationally recognized Yosemite Leadership Program. This position directly supervises the The Margo Souza Leadership Center Coordinator. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Office of Leadership, Service and Career.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Five (5) years of directly related experience in training and development directly related to leadership, professional development, and/or student engagement programs, or equivalent experience/training.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Knowledge of leadership engagement and development theory and practice required.
• Experience creating, implementing and measuring effectiveness of training models and programs. Ability to deliver educational workshops required.
• Project management experience required.
• Well-developed public relations skills in order to maintain effective and professional working relationships with students, parents, alumni, donors, faculty, staff, administrators and members of the general public preferred.
• Ability to provide evidence of prior success in working effectively with staff and faculty members to develop curricular and co-curricular programs, and fostering successful partnerships to develop and expand Leadership and experiential education opportunities for students preferred.
• Skills to work independently and ability to be inventive and creative, including but not limited to initiating new programs, conceptualizing, organizing, and implementing change preferred.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to set priorities, balance a large workload, multitask, adhere to schedules, and meet deadlines preferred.
Click on the link below to use our new on-line application system.
If you do not have internet access you may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to: University of California, Merced, 5200 North Lake Rd., Merced CA 95343. Please list the job number on the subject line.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
The University of California, Merced is a smoke and tobacco free workplace. Information and the Smoke and Tobacco Free policy is available at http://smokefree.ucmerced.edu
E-Verify: Effective September 8, 2009, all employers who receive Federal contracts and grants are required to comply with E-Verify, an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). E-Verify electronically verifies employment eligibility by comparing information provided on the I-9 form to records in the DHS and SSA databases. Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UC Merced to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University of California visit:
More search results
Cal State San Marcos
Chair, Department of Statistics
University of Washington
Vice Dean for Administration, School of Arts and …
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Associate or Full Professor, (HS Clinical, Clinic…
University of California, San Diego
Director, Office for Research Development